Admin Gone Lost A Brain Cell

I was checking out as a customer. I went through the steps of checking out when I noticed a pull down selection of “not a member, member and wholesale”. I wanted the wholesale selection gone, so I logged into the store admin and unchecked the wholesale box (to see if that would remove it) and clicked on update. Then I went back to the checkout area of the store to finish checking out, refreshed the page and sure enough the selection was gone. Swell! It’s now only showing “not a member” and “member”. I then decided to go back into the admin area and look at possibly going ahead an becoming a wholesaler. So, I needed to see what I needed to do to setup everything. Well, I went back to admin area to view everything about wholesaling and noticed the admin was not working correctly. (Please note that all I did in the admin was uncheck wholesale and then clicked on update). In administrators area, I and my accountant was no longer listed as a administrator. I also went back to memberships and all memberships are gone except for guest, member and wholesale. Wholesale is still unticked. All the buttons are gone (update and delete buttons). I am not able to login to the admin area to administer my store. All the information is still in the database but not showing in the admin area. I tried to recreate my login information as the main administrator but it states the account already exists.

CRISIS! HELP! DROWNING! HELP! STORE IS LIVE! HELP!

Thanks,

MaryMae

[quote name=‘MaryMae’]I was checking out as a customer. I went through the steps of checking out when I noticed a pull down selection of “not a member, member and wholesale”. I wanted the wholesale selection gone, so I logged into the store admin and unchecked the wholesale box (to see if that would remove it) and clicked on update. Then I went back to the checkout area of the store to finish checking out, refreshed the page and sure enough the selection was gone. Swell! It’s now only showing “not a member” and “member”. I then decided to go back into the admin area and look at possibly going ahead an becoming a wholesaler. So, I needed to see what I needed to do to setup everything. Well, I went back to admin area to view everything about wholesaling and noticed the admin was not working correctly. (Please note that all I did in the admin was uncheck wholesale and then clicked on update). In administrators area, I and my accountant was no longer listed as a administrator. I also went back to memberships and all memberships are gone except for guest, member and wholesale. Wholesale is still unticked. All the buttons are gone (update and delete buttons). I am not able to login to the admin area to administer my store. All the information is still in the database but not showing in the admin area. I tried to recreate my login information as the main administrator but it states the account already exists.

CRISIS! HELP! DROWNING! HELP! STORE IS LIVE! HELP!

Thanks,

MaryMae[/QUOTE]

Well, it seems the admin area has restored its smarts! I did a recover password. I was sent an email. I clicked on the link within the email and it took me to the admin area to reset my password. I clicked on update. I logged out to see if I could log back in normally. I did login as usual. Then I went back to memberships and all membership options were there again. I went to the administrators and all admins were back again. It frightening how something like this could happen and could possibly happen again and again. But then it may never happen again! Let’s hope not!

MaryMae

no worries, this can always be reset through the database manually…

Something like this shouldn’t have happened in the first place. This is what spooks me the most. Is it going to happen again? I mean, I don’t understand why it happened and there was not a single thing that was done to cause the admin to go coocoo. But anyways, the admin now seems to be stable so I’m happy and at ease for the time being. Thanks for your reply sno. It is nice to know that someone was readily able to help. But luckdragon slipped on in and did a repair on my database so that most likely fixed the problems.

:wink:

MaryMae