Admin account no longer 'Root administrators'

I was working on my site and changed the access of one of my users to ‘super editor’.

and added a site promotion (probably not related)

After testing my promotion, I tried to login as admin again. I now ONLY see the Homepage data, and can’t load any of the pages the links lead to.

I can see in the users panel that I have zero Root administrators.

I assume that Root administrators is what I was, since I setup the site, and had access to everything.

So I ask, how can I edit the database to make my account Root administrators again?

You can change it in Users > User Groups under ‘Administrator > Privilegies’ or direct in the database through phpMyAdmin.

I don’t have access to those parts of the admin site any more, so how to do this in the database, is what I’m currently looking for.

Ok, I have edited my user ID’s usergroup_id to 4, this seems to be the ID for the administator group. The other value in the usergroup_links table I left alone, not sure what it is for.

This has made it so that I can login and I see the menu options I am used to (all of them I think).

I see that my site still doen’t have a Root Administrator, is this normal? Or should I expect that I should be set to this?

The path that you gave for finding the settings I must not understand.

Please confirm, that I click the top ‘users’ tab and then the user groups link associated under that.

At this point I do not have a: Administrator > Privilegies

[quote name=‘RSW’]The path that you gave for finding the settings I must not understand.

Please confirm, that I click the top ‘users’ tab and then the user groups link associated under that.

At this point I do not have a: Administrator > Privilegies[/quote]

Yes, that’s right. You should see beside Administrator a ‘Privileges’ link.

In the database direct through phpMyAdmin you can do that in:

Table: cscart_users

1. user_type: A
  2. status: A
  3.              is_root:                Y

I just encountered a similar issue. I set up a few new admins today, now my main admin has no privileges.

In the DB, the main admin is still “user_type: A” and “status: A”, but there is no “is_root” (I assume that was added after 2.0.12?).

Where else are the privileges defined for the admin? I need to have full access restored to at least one account!

[quote name=‘interfaceFactory’]I just encountered a similar issue. I set up a few new admins today, now my main admin has no privileges.

In the DB, the main admin is still “user_type: A” and “status: A”, but there is no “is_root” (I assume that was added after 2.0.12?).

Where else are the privileges defined for the admin? I need to have full access restored to at least one account![/quote]

They are stored in the database table as mentionted above.

It’s the “is_root” field that I don’t see. Without that is there a way to regain full privileges?

[quote name=‘interfaceFactory’]It’s the “is_root” field that I don’t see. Without that is there a way to regain full privileges?[/quote]

The tabel looks like that (see screenshot). The ‘is_root’ field is necessary.

1. Go to the table ‘cscart_users’ in your phpMyAdmin
  2. open the tab ‘Structure’ and scroll down
  3. add a new field to the table as in the another screenshot
  4. change the values

image-201.jpg

image-200.jpg

Thanks indy0077. I added the field to the db, set an admin to “is_root:Y”, but it had no effect. I’ll have to dig deeper.

My main admin account can only access the “Content” tab in the admin. I did not touch that account yesterday, I simply added 4 new staff accounts.

Now I have no access to admin privileges on any account, and the main admin account is useless.

[quote name=‘interfaceFactory’]My main admin account can only access the “Content” tab in the admin. I did not touch that account yesterday, I simply added 4 new staff accounts.

Now I have no access to admin privileges on any account, and the main admin account is useless.[/quote]

Try to delete the another accounts in the db and try it with the main one only.

My problem was related to my root admin account being set to another user type via a promotion I set up.

As I wrote before, I was only able to get basic admin capabilities back by adjusting the database… I was lucky in that I did a DB backup right before the problem occurred.

A database restore was my solution.

I found this post by Bob on another related thread:

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Backup the cscart_usergroup_links table the run the following query:

DELETE FROM cscart_usergroup_links WHERE user_id=1 LIMIT 1;

This will eliminate any privilege restrictions for the root admin account.

Bob[/QUOTE]

I checked an older db backup and confirmed that there was no “cscart_usergroup_links” entry for my admin user ID. I dropped that table row and it worked.

Thanks again indy0077, and RSW for your help with this. I don’t know why the “links” entry was created, but dropping it worked. That may have been what fixed RSW’s issue as well, by reverting to a db version that didn’t have that entry.

I wouldn’t drop the table.

What you want to ensure is that your primary admin (or any admin you want to have full priviliges) is not a member of the Administrators group. If they are, then restrictions will apply.

We’re not dropping the table, just removing the admin from the table.

How would you assign full privileges if the user us not part of the Administrator User Group?

My error I guess. I thought you said you “dropped that table”.

If the primary admin has been assigned to the Administrators Group then I believe the only way would be to remove the row associated with user_id=1 from the ?:usergroup_links table manually.

I was able to found a solution by changing the usergroup_id attached to my user_id on the cscart_usergroup_links table. It was 10 and i changed it to 1, and able to see all menus on Admin.