Addons customizations

Hello,

After much research I just purchased CS-Cart for the first time yesterday. I am designing an ecommerce site for a client and a number of modications and/or add-ons need to be developed to expand the cart functionality. I have almost completed the specifications document outlining the changes.

Can I get some feedback about the best way to commission the mods/addons.

Some concerns of mine are:

1.Upgrade compatibility (seems like version 2 in designed for this)

2.Cost (Should I go with CS-Cart team, Current User, Outsourcing sites like Scriptlance. Are there circumstances where other cart users are willing to share the cost?)

3.Timeline (how long?)

4.Quality (what happens if bugs appear)

5.Who owns the addons when completed (I think the added functionality would be very useful for many other stores; could be sold as addon)

Thanks

JABMAN

[quote name=‘jabman’]

1.Upgrade compatibility (seems like version 2 in designed for this)[/QUOTE]

Of course this sounds selfish, but if you’d give the work to CS-Cart themself (and they can integrate it into the next versions), you know that this part will be maintained. Or, at least ask someone that is active on this forum. Otherwise, for every upgrade or bug, you’ll have to outsource it again.

Again, this sounds selfish, since everyone (and me too) will benefit from it (even tough I don’t know yet what this is about).

[QUOTE]

2.Cost (Should I go with CS-Cart team, Current User, Outsourcing sites like Scriptlance. Are there circumstances where other cart users are willing to share the cost?)

3.Timeline (how long?)[/QUOTE]

Get quotes… :wink:

[QUOTE]

4.Quality (what happens if bugs appear)

5.Who owns the addons when completed (I think the added functionality would be very useful for many other stores; could be sold as addon)[/QUOTE]

Again, it’s your decision, if you want to make money (?) selling it, if you want to give it for free and get feedback from other users, or have it part of CS-Cart.

the addon club was meant to help with these kinds of things but with the current state of the economy not many people are willing to donate even a nominal amount, PM the addons you are looking to have done and I’ll let you know what can be done, Thanks - Sno

www.snorocket.com