Addon Quote Invoicing

there are two issues with another developer picking up someone else’s code:

1. The issue of copyright as well as professional courtesy.
  2. Inablility to resell with fixes/modifications due to copyright infrigement.

In addition, there is the obvious cost of a learning curve. It is usually not enough to just focus in on one area because changes could have adverse effects on other areas. Hence the cost of learning someone else’s code along with the inability to generate future revenue makes that a very expensive proposition for the existing users.

If someone were to take one of my addons and start modifying it for existing users, I would be pretty upset. I probably hadn’t addressed the issue for my own reasons (could be $$ could be time, could be whatever) and to have someone else step in and make modifications publicly would be unprofessional at the least.

My two-cents.

well I don’t think anybody here wants to “add” functionnality to this Mod. We merely want to “fix” exising features that are not working properly. Sure if it was working 100% like it’s supposed to, I’ll agree with you… Trust me, I don’t think anybody here is happy to shell more $$ after paying for a Mod.

Plus, if I write several times to support and nobody is even answering my concerns… I’m going to look elsewhere. I have a business to run, I can’t work with 90% working Mod and no support. Sorry.

[quote name=‘gugga7’]well I don’t think anybody here wants to “add” functionnality to this Mod. We merely want to “fix” exising features that are not working properly. Sure if it was working 100% like it’s supposed to, I’ll agree with you… Trust me, I don’t think anybody here is happy to shell more $$ after paying for a Mod.

Plus, if I write several times to support and nobody is even answering my concerns… I’m going to look elsewhere. I have a business to run, I can’t work with 90% working Mod and no support. Sorry.[/quote]

#1. Multi-language is not a bug. Your asking for a feature that costs $400+ to add and your the only one who wants it. Am I to shell out $400 of my own money so you can have what you want or should I instead just sit back and watch you call my addons bug filled because features you want (not bugs) are not included?

#2. I’ll add the ability to send email notifications when quotes are submitted.

#3. I understand that CS-Cart v2.0.15 will have significant changes in many areas that will break every addon, we are waiting for the release of v2.0.15 to investigate the extent of the damage and whether or not we should continue developing the addons ourselves.

#4. We are in discussions with top CS-Cart officials and their is a very high possibility that all Snorocket addons will be included in the default installation of the “CS-Cart Enterprise” version (not yet released). As a result we may opt not to further develop the addons ourselves until confirmed.

#5. I don’t waste my time on these forums, if you have support issues you send me an email and wait.

#6. We have already re-developed all of our profession level addons on another cart platform which is being tested right now in a live production environment.

[quote name=‘snorocket’]

#1. Multi-language is not a bug. Your asking for a feature that costs $400+ to add and your the only one who wants it. Am I to shell out $400 of my own money so you can have what you want or should I instead just sit back and watch you call my addons bug filled because features you want (not bugs) are not included?[/quote]

Was multi-language part of the specifications?

[quote name=‘snorocket’]

#3. I understand that CS-Cart v2.0.15 will have significant changes in many areas that will break every addon, we are waiting for the release of v2.0.15 to investigate the extent of the damage and whether or not we should continue developing the addons ourselves.

[/quote]

2.0.15 is already out unless you are referring to something different?

[quote name=‘snorocket’]

#4. We are in discussions with top CS-Cart officials and their is a very high possibility that all Snorocket addons will be included in the default installation of the “CS-Cart Enterprise” version (not yet released). As a result we may opt not to further develop the addons ourselves until confirmed.[/quote]

That would be interesting to see, however I doubt the original investment group would appreciate their addons being included in the stock version without reimbursement, specifically if it makes them better than their competitors - Obviously I’m not part of the club, just a suggestion.

[quote name=‘snorocket’]

#6. We have already re-developed all of our profession level addons on another cart platform which is being tested right now in a live production environment.[/quote]

Again? What are you using this time ShopPal?

The recession is officially over, everyone needs to regain a level of Stability! :smiley:

This is what I mean by multinlingual:

statuses-EN and statuses-FR screen shots show how you can view statuses in English but they have no equivalent in other languages (an you can’t create equivalent statuses, see 3 &4)

screnshot 2 : there are no statuses, it’s blank, not even the english version of the status.

3 : it won’t let me enter a status name, it will give me the error in screen shot 4.

2.JPG

4.JPG

3.JPG

statuses-EN.JPG

statuses-FR.JPG

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Was multi-language part of the specifications?[/quote]

No

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]2.0.15 is already out unless you are referring to something different?[/quote]

I meant 2.1.5, it’s sad that their are so many branched versions of CS with similar versioning that it’s easy to mix up

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]I doubt the original investment group would appreciate their addons being included in the stock version without reimbursement…[/quote]

Actually this is incorrect, this was exactly the point from the very beginning, that our addons would be included in the default installation of CS-Cart, and it worked to a certain extent. I guess you can’t remember that far back but in what used to be the good old days we created the testimonials addon and many others that are now standard in CS-Cart, the sad part is the way the original testimonials addon worked still worked better then the one in CS-Cart now. The addons being included in the “CS-Cart Enterprise” version would actually be one of the greatest benefits of all time.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Again? What are you using this time ShopPal?[/quote]

WOW that looks like a hot cart, Sweet !!!

[QUOTE]#1. Multi-language is not a bug. Your asking for a feature that costs $400+ to add and your the only one who wants it. Am I to shell out $400 of my own money so you can have what you want or should I instead just sit back and watch you call my addons bug filled because features you want (not bugs) are not included?

[/QUOTE]

That’s news to me Sno. I was told you would take a look at it when you’ll have time. I sure don’t want you to shell out 400$ for a 60$ Mod to apply a cs-cart native feature to a Mod. That’s obviously not worth it.

I assumed that a Mod built for a multi language platform would work natively for other languages, just like we are able to change currencies… All other mods I use, including some bought from you, I have no problem using in several languages…

I’m not a developer but isn’t it possible to get this Mod to work for all languages by using variable text fields instead of hard coding the status fields? That’s how the statuses for orders work, an from a business perspective, doesn’t it make sense for you to be able to sell this Mod for all cs-cart users, including the international ones?

Anyways, I was able to translate all the fields except the statuses fields… which are the most important because without them, I can’t trigger Quote emails to customers.

[QUOTE]#5. I don’t waste my time on these forums, if you have support issues you send me an email and wait.

[/QUOTE]

That’s funny, thats exactly how I feel too… :slight_smile: I did send customer support tickets to no avail. I understand you are probably busy, like everybody else here, so I thought I could get some quick help from other users. I raised this point on 4/4 on the Help desk, we are 4/29.

Anyways, I like your mods, they are probably the most useful for cs-cart. I didn’t mean to put you on the spot here, but, eventually,I need to resolve issues pertaining to my business as well… And that’s what this forum is about. I don’t post here because I have free time on my hands but because I’m trying to get answers/fixes, provide answers sometimes, and get the ball rolling…

“CS-Cart Enterprise” huh? Sounds like another money making move. Going to leave the professional license owners (especially those of us whom have lifetime upgrades) high and dry.?

Oh goodie, a guessing game…!

Well my guess is that Enterprise is Professional + MVE with Multi-company added in.

My guess is that Professional is the bread and butter of the company and if they left it high and dry that the company would be doomed.

I’d be very interested to know the number of MVE licenses they sold in the past year and I will bet that multicompany will be 1/2 to 1/4 of that number. But then it’s all about price point.