Addon Quote Invoicing

I have the quote / invoicing addon as here [url]http://www.snorocket.com/addons/quote-invoicing-addon.html[/url]

But I am frustrated by the way it will only allow 1 quote per email address, I have customers that want dozens of quotes but I cant send them to the same email address as I get ERROR that email already exists!!!

Anybody else that uses it have a solution at all:confused:

John

Hi John, Yes we are well aware of this problem which CS refused to fix because it was not in the detailed description of the addon. I didnā€™t agree with their position on it but they donā€™t care if something works or not as long as they get more money. I canā€™t remember how much it cost to correct but I will probably pay to have it fixed sometime this week.

Until then the temporary solution is to use the ā€œact on behalfā€ functionality and submit a quote yourself through the customer side, then you can build the quote on the admin side and send it to the customer. Not an ideal way to do this but until we can pay to fix weā€™re stuck.

Thanks - Sno

Ok Sno

Thx

Excuse me for butting in hereā€¦ Iā€™m not familiar with the addon itself, but from whatā€™s described, wouldnā€™t you just modify it to use the email address AND subject as the uniqueness? Should be a simple table change and a small amount of code in whatever function does the fetch.

Itā€™s a little more complicated only because the addon uses the email address to associate the quote to an existing customer and requires them to login, otherwise if the customer doesnā€™t exist then an account is automatically created. I havenā€™t had time to look into the code yet but Iā€™m sure we can just skip the account check code if logged in as the admin but will still have to add code to associate a quote created in the admin panel to an existing customer - Sno

thanks for information

its been a month, is it fixed? can send multiple quote from same email?

hi ,i am interested in your mod as well. please release as soon as possible.

Its a good Mod it just needs this annnoying small thing fixed.

Find it @ www.snorocket.com

John

We are working on getting the issue fixed when have enough donations, which should be soon.

To ensure a faster response please post any topic relating to the clubā€™s addons here:

[url]http://www.snorocket.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?17-Quote-Invoicing-Addon[/url]

Thanks - Sno

thanks for the information, so we need yet another donation to fix this up

[quote name=ā€˜vidanā€™]thanks for the information, so we need yet another donation to fix this up[/quote]

Basically Yes but Iā€™m not asking for donations from existing customers we just have to wait for more donations to come in and when we reach the $650 needed to fix the current issues then we fix them. The addon is pretty solid except for a few issues like this so after we pay this I donā€™t expect to many more major expenditures like this, Thanks - Sno

hello sno, its been a month, tell us about the progress to get this mod official release. thanks

Hi Sno, have you solved the bug for multiple quote request?

Customers should be able to attach pictures/files with the request for quote. It would be great if you can have an attachment field added.

[quote name=ā€˜ghostriderā€™]Hi Sno, have you solved the bug for multiple quote request?[/quote]

This is currently being added along with a few minor bug fixes, the addon will also be updated to CS-Cart v2.1.3, the updated version (v1.5) is expected to be released the first week in February.

[quote name=ā€˜ghostriderā€™]Customers should be able to attach pictures/files with the request for quote. It would be great if you can have an attachment field added.[/quote]

Itā€™s a little late to request new features but weā€™ll have it added, if you would like this feature now you can send us a donation so we can pay the development team to add it in now, let me know, Thanks - Sno

[quote name=ā€˜snorocketā€™]This is currently being added along with a few minor bug fixes, the addon will also be updated to CS-Cart v2.1.3, the updated version (v1.5) is expected to be released the first week in February.

Itā€™s a little late to request new features but weā€™ll have it added, if you would like this feature now you can send us a donation so we can pay the development team to add it in now, let me know, Thanks - Sno[/QUOTE]

nice to hear this sno, keep go on with this add-on

A bug I found which you may already know about is it doesnt send email to store when someone requests a quote

JOhn

Itā€™s great that this issue was resolved. There is another issue with the status translations, they are impossible to use if your frontend runs on a different language (not translatable so you canā€™t select them to change status of a quoteā€¦). Did anybody experience this? This is probably a quick fix for an experienced developper, Iā€™m willing to throw in 20 bucks to fix this :slight_smile:

Otherwise, this Mod is sadly plain useless for meā€¦

Can anyone use this addon correctly.

I re installed the newest version a couple of weeks back and still cant do a quote to an email address that already exists(we get many same customers asking for quotes all the time) .

Also the taxes also still do not calculate correctly.20% of 100 is coming up with around 16.

Is it just me or does anyone else have these problems.

I am assuming I have the latest version, I asked Sno to enable it for download again a couple of weeks back to make sure , 2.1.3

John

Ok guys, how about we pitch in and look for a developer to help resolve our issues for this Quote Mod.

Unfotunately we are not getting the support and help needed to make this Mod work (in my case in a language other than English because of a small issue with Statuses not being written in the DB)

Is there a developer ou there to fix some of the issues in this thread? because otherwise this -what could be a very useful- Mod is useless and a total waste of money if it doesnā€™t work properly.

Thanks.