ADDON: "Previous-Next navigation" add-on

Hello everyone!

Today we have released a new add-on that was required by many users on cscart.uservoice.com

The “Previous-Next navigation” add-on allows shoppers to navigate to the previous and next product directly from the product details page. Works correctly with Categories and Filter/Search results.

Features:[list]

[]The following buttons on the product page:

[list]

[
]< (previous)

[]> (next)

[
]Back to Category (this one will be displayed if customers got to the product page from the category page)

[]Back to Search (this one will be displayed if customers got to the product page from the search results page)

[
]Back to Filter (this one will be displayed if customers got to the product page from the filter results page)

[/list]

[/list][list]

[]Circle navigation. After navigating to the last item in a category/search/filter, “next” button leads to the first item in a category/filter/search.

[/list][list]

[
]“Back to Category/Search/Filter” button is not displayed if a customer clicks on a product located not on a category/search/filter page (for example, located in a block). Nevertheless, a customer navigates within a category where this product is located.

[/list][list]

[*]This add-on works correctly with a standard SEO add-on.

[/list]

The add-on price is $59.

You are welcome to read more details and try demo on this page.

Please feel free to give us your recommendations about this add-on and ask any questions.

Best regards, Alt-team

This is a useful addon for navigation on product page. However I found the location of prev/next buttons is a little confusing. I see this on many websites who place the prev/next buttons on the right side of breadcrumb. Is this possible?

I would also suggest the following features:

1. options to turn off back to category on product page.
  2. show a small thumbnail of product pictures when hovering on the prev/next buttons. If this is hard, a show a tooltip when hovering on the buttons.

Hello ghostrider,

Thank you for your feedback!

[quote name='ghostrider' timestamp='1360047656' post='154481']

This is a useful addon for navigation on product page. However I found the location of prev/next buttons is a little confusing. I see this on many websites who place the prev/next buttons on the right side of breadcrumb. Is this possible?[/quote]

We will be glad to get more feedback from cs-cart users regarding the position of previous and next buttons. We think that now prev, next buttons look rather good, but we can be mistaken. We will change the position if it will be requested by more users.

[quote]I would also suggest the following features:

1. options to turn off back to category on product page.[/quote]

Do you want to have a setting to turn on/off Back to Category, Back to Filter, Back to Search or only Back to Category? Why do you think it should be turned off? It is an easy way to go back to the whole category by one click.

[quote]2. show a small thumbnail of product pictures when hovering on the prev/next buttons. If this is hard, a show a tooltip when hovering on the buttons.[/quote]

We can't promise to implement the showing of a small thumbnail, but we will add a tooltip with the words “previous” and “next” when hovering on the buttons. It's not a big deal and really good point.

Best regards, Alt-team

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Hello friends![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]We have re-evaluated the price for the Previous-Next navigation add-on[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]From now on this add-on costs [/font][/color]$49[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif].[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]You are welcome to view the full list of our add-ons [/font][/color]here[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif].[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Best regards, Alt-team[/font][/color]

Hello everyone!

We would like to inform you about the update of the Previous-Next navigation add-on.

We have added a feature requested by several CS-Cart users.

Now there is a setting to show an image of the next or previous product when hovering over the next or previous button.

If this setting is turned off, customers will see just a tooltip “previous” or “next” when hovering over the corresponding buttons.

New demo is available here .

It is possible to edit the background color and border of the floating-up image in the add-on styles.css file.

Best regards, Alt-team

Is there a setting for the location of the buttons?

The buttons are placed too prominent for my websites, as this would entice the customer to browse away from the product by accident. It would be nice to show subtle / smaller < > buttons at the right of the page at the same horizontal level as breadcrumb.

So my suggestion is similar to what ghostrider asks for.

Does this work well in Ultimate?

Hello P-Pharma!

This add-on is compatible with CS-Cart Ultimate.

As for the changing of button positions, we've noted down this recommendation and we will be glad to implement this providing better add-on sales.

Best regards, Alt-team

Yes, the current position is confusing. Change the position as the attached file, I will buy this addon without hesitation.

2013-04-05_20-22-09.jpg

^That would look very good Ghostrider!

This is what we need. Implement this and I will buy it.

Regarding the 'up' button: why is this needed? The user can just click the breadcrumb. Please add a setting to turn it off.

I would definitely buy it if it was styled in the picture shown by ghostrider in post #8.

John

Hello friends!

We have decided to change the buttons positions. It looks like a necessary change, we agree with you.

We will try to implement it this week and inform you about the results in this thread. Thank you!

Best regards, Alt-team

Hello everyone!

As promised we have added s setting that allows you to change the position of navigation buttons. Now navigation buttons can be shown at the breadcrumbs line.

Please, check the new demo on the Previous-Next navigation add-on page,

[quote name='P-Pharma' timestamp='1365197429' post='159448']

Regarding the 'up' button: why is this needed? The user can just click the breadcrumb. Please add a setting to turn it off.

[/quote]

“Up” button which is on our demo doesn't refer to the Previous-Next navigation add-on. It appears because our Easy scroll pagination add-on is also installed on the demo.

Best regards, Alt-team

I will buy it as soon as its available for CSC4.

Nobody will make anything available for V4 until it is released. Cs-cart has a nasty habit of breaking things between RC candidates or beta releases (or alpha) so most people won't “chase the dog” until the dog rests for a while.

[quote name='P-Pharma' timestamp='1367619804' post='161234']

I will buy it as soon as its available for CSC4.

[/quote]

This particular addon has become obsolete in V4, given the labs demo example - note the '6 of 8' which provides the next/previous links between products.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1367660931' post='161244']

This particular addon has become obsolete in V4, given the labs demo example - note the '6 of 8' which provides the next/previous links between products.

[/quote]

Thanks for that. We had not noticed that tidbit. The only difference is that it does not display a preview on hover. Its good to see this getting into the core.