ADDON: CS2 Addons

ok folks, we have multiple addons going into development, if you guys want these addons you need to make a donation as soon as possible.

The list of Addons is here:

[url]http://www.snorocket.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2[/url]

Donations can be made here:

[url]http://www.snorocket.com/forums/awc_ds.php?do=donation[/url]

Sorry I cannot donate for product not released yet.

I would be interested in Image Gallery 2.0 now, but is not ready yet, not even sure how this will work or look. Will it work for SP3 as I am not sure if I move to stable 2.0 any time soon. I have no interest in other mods.

Release ebay addon I will be more then happy to make fare donation.

we are no longer working on any addons for 1.3.5+, everything we do from this point forward will only be compatible with 2.0+, we can’t develop products without first paying for them, we collect donations, we pay for the develpoment costs, we get the addon when it’s done, that’s how the system works, just for the record, the smallest donation the club is asking for is $75, however most people have been donating $100+ to Addon Pack 1, again for the record Addon Pack 1 development costs have exceeded $2500+ and that does’nt include our time which has been off the books from the beginning, so basically your getting $2500+ in Addons for $75+, not a bad deal if you ask me and I don’t think we’re asking to much from the community, if everyone who has joined the addon dev club actually made a donation, we would only need to ask for about $12 per member, so people are really hurting themselves by not donating, it makes everyone else have to donate more to take up for the slack, then those who refused to donate,complain about the high cost of donations, you can’t win for loosing, Thanks - Sno

Sorry but I think you overrate your software.

Why don’t you release proper software and sell it as most do?

Why would anyone invest money to software code never seen, looks never seen even stable 2.0 does not exist.

I know you do good work but word donation freeks me out.

Darius,

I have been “donating” toward snows mod, but for me to rationalize it, I have to consider it as investing. I plan on getting something for the “investment”.

Bob

[quote name=‘Darius’]Why don’t you release proper software and sell it as most do?[/QUOTE]

Hi Darius, if we flipped the bill ourselves on the development costs and as you say release the software and sell it as most people do, the addons would cost on average $100+/ea, I don’t think this is what the community wants. I hope you understand and realize that as far as I know, no one has ever felt they’ve been ripped off, people donate what they want, it’s a choice, I provide in extreme detail with images the Addons being developed, in return people get the addons they want and need to succeed, plus I just posted another free mod (search by phone) at my expense, apparently people are hurting from this economy, including myself, and unfortunately it shows in the participation of the club, however sitting back and doing nothing and expecting positive results is not an option for us, in order for us, our company to make money, we have to spend money, it’s takes money to make money, you can’t make something from nothing, except God, Thanks - Sno

I feel so temped to Find & Replace all “Donations” with “investment” since it makes more sense to me to consider Sno’s work as investments anyway.

Sure donation to worthycauses but investment actually sounds good right sno?

I’ve purchased some addons from http://www.t-cpro.com (by purchasing it I was purchasing support also).

Mods are incomplete and needs to be fixed. Where is he now? Just vanished one day. How can you assure that with insufficient of “donations”, mods won’t be released at all? So we just invest in developers good will?

[quote name=‘Darius’]I’ve purchased some addons from http://www.t-cpro.com (by purchasing it I was purchasing support also).

Mods are incomplete and needs to be fixed. Where is he now? Just vanished one day. How can you assure that with insufficient of “donations”, mods won’t be released at all? So we just invest in developers good will?[/QUOTE]

Hi Darius, I understand your concerns, I have no idea what happened to top coder but I would take my best guess that he left from the lack of support for his hard work and ideas, the same has happened to many other good developers, we’ve lost alot over the years…talking about years, I’ve been here practically since the beginning, this is the 3rd yr I believe, the longest any developer has stayed around, and with CS2, the most advanced cart in it’s price range, I won’t be going anywhere anytime soon. I think I still have version 1.1 laying around somewhere. If you were part of the addon community you would know that’s when sufficient donations were not collected, everyone always got refunds, and/or we voted on a new Addon the community could afford. If it wasn’t for snorocket, et and a few others you guys wouldn’t have what you have and get today for free as standard default addons - Sno

Hello!

I purchased v2.04 last week and am actively working to get our Web site deployed mid to late June, and was hoping to donate a substantial amount for the Knowledge Base add-on. Unfortunately I followed the message board link provided by snorocket and noticed several Spam postings, in fact some several days old.

Should I be concerned because the Web site does not appear to be actively moderated?

Hi Dave, nothing to be concerned about, I cleaned up the posts, any significant donations you could make to the club would be great, all money donated to the Knowledge Base will be used to code and add new features to the 2.0 release of the Knowledge Base, the release of version 1.0 should be within the next two weeks, we’re debating whether or not to have a BETA release first, I’ll keep ya’ll postedThanks - Sno

Great news! I can make a donation later this week, and hopefully your (our :)) KB project will be ready by time my work is done.

HI there

is the ready anytime soon

I willing to INVEST IN your hard work

I really like the ethos behind the idea

stick with it ready for the image gallery anytime soon

thanks

Hi Lazy, Yes it will be here ASAP, we have to wrap up the KB and get it released first, Thanks - Sno

Everything regarding our Addons is at: http://www.snorocket.com

Thanks - SNo