ADDON: Cart Sidebox - Shopping Cart on Sidebar

[COLOR=“Red”]11/22/2010 - cart_sidebox v2.0. Updated for cscart v2.1.2. Now supports both ajax and non-ajax add to cart.

[/COLOR]

-------

I know I promised this months ago, but been busy.

Here’s the addon for those who want to add a shopping cart to the sidebar.

DEMO:

http://www.inkwow.com

ADDED:

1. New sidebox block - cart_sidebox.tpl
  2. New view - Table

ISSUES:

Conflicts with AJAX add to cart. Turn dynamic off for add to cart. Use the Table view instead of other views such as “compact list” or “grid”.

INSTALLATION:

Should install like any other addon.
  3. Drop the addon into the main addons folder and the customers addons folder
  4. Just click “install” from the admins addons page.
  5. Go to “designs” and add a new block by selecting “cart_sidebox.tpl”

cart_sidebox_v2.0.zip

cart_sidebox_v1.0.zip

Oh, the css for the cart_sidebox is designed for the “basic” skin. Not sure how well it works with other skins.

Also, make sure you select the “sidebox_general.tpl” wrapper when creating the new block. It’s only designed for the sidebox_general wrapper.

Nice, thanks for taking the time to post this to the forums!

2.10+ 2.11+ 2.12 - 2.13 not working :frowning:

[quote name=‘soldierly’]2.10+ 2.11+ 2.12 - 2.13 not working :([/QUOTE]

Not sure what exactly you are saying but this works in my local environment in 2.0.13 with no issues.

Quote “1. Drop the addon into the main addons folder and the customers addons folder”

I only have a addon folder is that where i’m supposed to put the “cart sidebox” folder.

Whats the customer addon folder?

What about the macosx folder in the zip file. is that required?

tia

EDIT

found that when you open the zip there’s a addon folder cart sidebox. This is not placed in the addon folder. You have to open cart sidebox folder and in it you’ll get a “addon” folder and “var” folder. this is just copied over to those folders.

Didn’t use the table view as i have options which i like to bee seen directly and not through another click. Also didn’t seem to have a add to cart in that view so another click was needed to add to cart (may be because all my items have options) .

Seems to work fine with my site. can be seen working on link below.

__MACOSX ? What is this?

cart_sidebox ? What is this?

Which one will use?

Cart_sidebox I used.

addons file: /addons/cart_sidebox

var file : /var/skins_repository/base/customer/addons/cart_sidebox

I copied to the indicated place, but does not update when you add to cart…

Add to basket has but the page needs to refresh

Not Working 2.13 :confused:

Do you have an opportunity to update files?

Cause I use MacOS X? It’s an invisible folder on my Mac.

I’ve tested on 2.0.13 and it works fine.

As mentioned:

ISSUES:

Conflicts with AJAX add to cart. Turn dynamic off for add to cart. Use the Table view instead of other views such as “compact list” or “grid”.

[quote name=‘hyteckit’]Cause I use MacOS X? It’s an invisible folder on my Mac.

I’ve tested on 2.0.13 and it works fine.

As mentioned:

ISSUES:

Conflicts with AJAX add to cart. Turn dynamic off for add to cart. Use the Table view instead of other views such as “compact list” or “grid”.[/QUOTE]

I used my windows hosting,

file system cart_sidebox

I do all the transactions, but does not work when you add to your basket

The green checkout should not be shown if cart has less than zero or less than minimum order amount…

And the addon works with 2.0.13

[quote name=‘soldierly’]I used my windows hosting,

file system cart_sidebox

I do all the transactions, but does not work when you add to your basket[/QUOTE]

Trash ‘__MACOSX’ cause it’s a MacOS X thing only.

I’ve tested it on 2.0.13 running on MacOS X and linux. Works fine.

Turn of AJAX add to cart and use the ‘Table’ product listing view.

Honestly, why don’t you just test it on a clean install of cs-cart 2.0.13.

[quote name=‘TexasGuy’]The green checkout should not be shown if cart has less than zero or less than minimum order amount…

And the addon works with 2.0.13[/QUOTE]

Just modify the template ‘cart_sidebox.tpl’ under blocks to get rid of the green checkout button when cart is empty.

```php

{if $smarty.session.cart.amount > 0}

{/if} ```

Works pretty much the same way as the ‘cart_empty.gif’ being shown when your shopping cart is empty.

2.12 - 2.13 update does not work when

clean 2.13 works

update gives an error cause. Do not solve the.

Which file has the error.

I think nonsense

Do not know

What is going on

This small update returns the “Add to cart” and “Add to wishlist” buttons to the original position (as in 2.0.12).

// Tweaks

$config[‘tweaks’] = array (

‘js_compression’ => false, // enables compession to reduce size of javascript files

‘check_templates’ => true, // disables templates checking to improve template engine speed

‘inline_compilation’ => true, // compiles nested templates in one file

‘anti_csfr’ => false, // protect forms from CSFR attacks (experimental)

[COLOR=“Red”] ‘disable_ajax_preload’ => false, // used to disable ajax preload for speed-up admin area[/COLOR]

);

config.local.php

Thanks for your time and effort for this mod.

Most appreciated

Thanks as well from me.

The only thing i have a problem with is the green checkout button should say “view cart” as thats what it does( i prefer to view cart rather than straight to checkout.)

The problem is i went to checkout looked through the cart and then pressed green “check out now” and i was still on the cart page. it was not till i press it a couple of time that i noticed the normal checkout button on the bottom of the page that actually took me to the checkout page.

works fine apart from that (apart from the refreshes load times).

Cheers

[quote name=‘mrfoameruk’]Thanks as well from me.

The only thing i have a problem with is the green checkout button should say “view cart” as thats what it does( i prefer to view cart rather than straight to checkout.)

The problem is i went to checkout looked through the cart and then pressed green “check out now” and i was still on the cart page. it was not till i press it a couple of time that i noticed the normal checkout button on the bottom of the page that actually took me to the checkout page.

works fine apart from that (apart from the refreshes load times).

Cheers[/QUOTE]

I prefer it to go to the view cart page as well. That’s why it’s the checkout button goes to the view cart page.

Don’t like the checkout button? Create your own button with the words ‘View Cart’.

No, I will not create a button for you. :stuck_out_tongue:

my problem was i was testing it and found people might keep clicking green checkout and think the website was faulty and give up. I clicked it a few times before i figured it out. A potential customer might not see what to do. just a usability problem. perhaps you don’t see it as you know what to do but a customer just see’s it as loop and might give up.

And as for not creating me a button :cry: