Adding other fees on checkout & showing tax

Hi

1.How can I add a fee for something (say handling or being under a minimum purchase amount) that can be shown as a separate charge on the invoice at checkout. If I include it in a shipping method you can’t see it separately and if I make it a separate shipping charge it becomes a shipping choice at checkout.

2. Is it possible to show prices including tax to retail customers and not including tax until checkout for wholesale customers. The only way I can see to do it is including tax or not including tax for all users.

Cheers

John

[quote name=‘scoota’]Hi

1.How can I add a fee for something (say handling or being under a minimum purchase amount) that can be shown as a separate charge on the invoice at checkout. If I include it in a shipping method you can’t see it separately and if I make it a separate shipping charge it becomes a shipping choice at checkout.

2. Is it possible to show prices including tax to retail customers and not including tax until

John[/QUOTE]

You can add a surcharge to credit cards if that helps.

or

You could make a promotion that is based on cart value and set a value (min) and a charge if less than that value

I have a situation where I had to add $4.50 per order which is a charge imposed by my drop shipper. What I did was add a tax and named it “Handling”. On the Tax Rates tab, I just entered $4.50 on the USA row with a Type of Absolute ($). I unchecked the Price includes Tax checkbox. This shows up as a separate amount at the checkout. The only issue is that the word “Taxes:” still appears. Need to figure out how to get rid of that.

[quote name=‘gpmichal’]The only issue is that the word “Taxes:” still appears. Need to figure out how to get rid of that.[/quote]

You can enable design mode and fix the wording this way or replace the word in the template - Sno

Are you saying that there’s a way to actually edit the text while you’re viewing the screen? I know how to activate the Customization Mode on the Design tab in the Admn module but this only seems to allow you to edit the .tpl files associated with the areas you want to modity.