Adding New Admin Causes Problems

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]4.1.4[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]Recently I upgraded from 3.0.6 to 4.1.4[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]I added a new administrator but when I logged in using the new admin[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]the Administrator list only showed ONE administrator ( the new one ).[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]After logging in with an administrator created in 3.0.6 I can see a list[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]of ALL administrators.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]When I created yet another new administrator I encountered the same problem.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]( logging in I can only see it alone on the admin list )[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]I have attached a screen shot ( of the view while logged in with an admin created

in 3.0.6 ).[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]The two new admins are at top and the right hand option allows each admin[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]to be ‘Active’ or ‘disabled’.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]The bottom two ( original ) admins have no such option.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]Furthermore, the bottom admin only has an edit option ( not ‘edit’ or ‘delete’ )[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]This situation is no good as I need to deprecated the 2 lower admins.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]The Bug Tracker is currently buggy…lol[/size][/font][/color]

ADMINISTRATORpuzzle.jpg

Hi termalert,

It's a strange issue and may be a bug that should be addressed to the support team.

But in the meantime you might need to edit “cscart_users” table - find your admins and set Y in the field “is_root”.

Best regards,

Alt-team

Sounds to me like a security feature whereas additional admins cannot edit other admins information.?

Not a smart idea to edit all admins to “is_root” unless you absolutely trust each one of them with your life.

If you need to edit any of them, you should be logged in with root admin.

We are all the admins. It's just the wife and I.

I was just creating new admins to replace the existing whose email addresses

will no longer exist soon. Ultimately it's not a big problem if we have just one admin.

It's just odd the way things are at present. All the admins have ALL permissions set.

May take a peek at the database and see if there is any pronounced difference between them.

Well that was funny …NOT !!

I edited the Administrator at the bottom of the list ( in attached image ).

Selected Administrator ( from to user groups Administrator & Registered Member ).

Saved. ALL the other 3 disappeared completely as did the Administrator User Group

( under User Groups ).

Left with one admin that is not permitted to edit itself…lol

Funnier ( NOT ) still.

I can still log in using the now disappeared admins but not see

the others on the Admin list.

I guess it's check out the database time.

What you don't understand is that one of those admins is the original and the root admin. Why can't you just log in with the root admin and edit it to your liking? You're making this more difficult than it should be.

Root Admin means that this user has complete control over everything and additional admins do not. By default there is only one root admin.

Thanks The Tool.

I have deleted the new admins.

I will assume that the email address used for login doesn't have to

be an active one.

I guess that's why the option to de-activate one of these is not

available ( to prevent an 'accident' ).

Now I can see why any secondary admin can't see the list containing

all other admins. A rogue admin could delete the others and

make him/herself King or Queen of the cart.

ADMINISTRATORpuzzle.jpg