Adding link to homepage from logo

Hi

Does anyone know how to add a link back to the homepage if someone clicks the logo at the top of the page? I have ‘Home’ on the top menu bar, but also want to allow users to click the logo & return to the home page.

Thanks

Mike

[quote name=‘mikee’]Hi

Does anyone know how to add a link back to the homepage if someone clicks the logo at the top of the page? I have ‘Home’ on the top menu bar, but also want to allow users to click the logo & return to the home page.

Thanks

Mike[/QUOTE]

Hey Mike,

I believe its in the top_menu.tpl file … check your skins folder for that file

[quote name=‘racingsolution’]Hey Mike,

I believe its in the top_menu.tpl file … check your skins folder for that file[/QUOTE]

Hi, I have opened the top_menu.tpl file, but don’t know where to insert the link there?

If you go into design>logos and upload the customer area logo it should have the link to the homepage automatically added to it.

JOhn

I went to Design->logos, and I can see that my logo has been added, however I can’t see any place where I can type in a link to my homepage?

Also, the width of the logo that I see on the admin page is shorter than the one displaying on my website, I am wandering whether my previous designer added another wider version of my logo through one of the template files?

(p.s. I am running version 2.010)

Go to the image in your homepage right click and save as. Rename it to something different (but relevant)

then go to design>logos and re upload the re named customer area logo.

When it re uploads I am sure it adds the homepage link automatically.

John

Thanks, I am trying this, but now getting the message when I try to add the logo:

Warning: copy(/…/httpdocs/skins/electro/customer/images/CC_Logo.png) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /…/httpdocs/controllers/admin/site_layout.php on line 70

I have been having loads of problems with file & folder permissions, and have contacted the server helpdesk. Will try your suggestion once I get this working.

Thanks again.

[quote name=‘mikee’]Thanks, I am trying this, but now getting the message when I try to add the logo:

Warning: copy(/…/httpdocs/skins/electro/customer/images/CC_Logo.png) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /…/httpdocs/controllers/admin/site_layout.php on line 70

I have been having loads of problems with file & folder permissions, and have contacted the server helpdesk. Will try your suggestion once I get this working.

Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

Check your directory permissions for your skins/electro folder… it looks like you don’t have write permissions.

I have changed directory permissions of the file & directories to 777, and that seemed to sort it.

I have found that someone (maybe previous designer) has added code for the logo placement in the styles.css file :

#header {

background: #272a2a url(images/header_bg.gif) repeat-x left top;

}

.header-helper-container {

background: url([COLOR=“DeepSkyBlue”]images/logo-header.gif[/COLOR]) no-repeat right top;

padding-bottom: 0px;

height:102px;

}

.logo-image {

margin: 0px;

background: url(images/top_left_angle.gif) no-repeat left top;

padding: 21px 0 0 19px;

}

Is this how it is meant to be done? I don’t think so, that is why there is the facility to add the logo on the admin page. Any changes I make to logo through the admin page is having no effect, so I guess the styles.css file overrides it.

Would you know how to fix this please?

Do you want to share the web address?

Sure, it’s www.capitalcaterers.co.uk

Normally the image tag in top.tpl (or main_content.override.tpl) is enclosed in an anchor tag for most skins. If your skin has been customized then someone did not preserve it.

Thanks for your help, do you know what I would need to change the code to in order to have it the way it should be?

I must be missing something… Yes, if you have missing code then you would need to add it back to revover the functionality that is also missing.

It’s a simple: