Adding A Vendor With 200 Product Into Multi Vendor

Hello all,

we have some vendors who want to list with us in our multivendor marketplace. some have 200+ products.

what is the most effective way for them to:

a) import/ add the products into our multivendor

b) keep their product data updated?

Hello all,

we have some vendors who want to list with us in our multivendor marketplace. some have 200+ products.

B) keep their product data updated?

Hello!

Vendors can use standard product import to add/update products. Also please have a look at our XML & CSV Import add-on that allows to import XML files, match importing fields, set up cron for import by schedule. Vendors have an ability to import their own files.

Please also check video about new advanced import of products

How to Use Advanced Product Import in CS-Cart Multi-Vendor - YouTube

Hi Oleg, can you tell me the benefits of using your addon compared to the functionality already in CS cart?

Hello!

Vendors can use standard product import to add/update products. Also please have a look at our XML & CSV Import add-on that allows to import XML files, match importing fields, set up cron for import by schedule. Vendors have an ability to import their own files.

Hi Oleg, can you tell me the benefits of using your addon compared to the functionality already in CS cart?

There are some additional functionality in our add-on: ability to import YML files, use product and category containers, specify price margin/discount, see detailed import logs, notify administrator by e-mail when the import is completed, clone import profiles. Sorry, if something is also presented in the default add-on, I could miss it.

Hello all,

B) keep their product data updated?

Where do your vendors have these products? on their website or marketplace?

Where do your vendors have these products? on their website or marketplace?

on their website

on their website

My view on this import/export is that it is more of an Admin tool not meant for vendors, why?

--> You need some knowledge of Excel to manipulate import/export, and not everyone has to knowledge or desire to learn it

--> Even if you know Excel, you could run into to issues and vendors wouldn't know what that means or what to do wit it

--> Anyone who has done it, knows, its messy, takes hours to perfect it

--> Also notice nobody talks about how vendor would import pictures and map them to correct items, i think they will have to download all then upload all, i don't expect it to go smooth, there will be issues

Solution - you offer them do it for them

Better solution - if you know most vendors have shopify stores, get a shopify import add-on (not out there yet but I am working on it with a developer), it would work similar to Etsy import addon on the marketplace.

thanks for the input 12ka4, appricated

My view on this import/export is that it is more of an Admin tool not meant for vendors, why?

--> You need some knowledge of Excel to manipulate import/export, and not everyone has to knowledge or desire to learn it

--> Even if you know Excel, you could run into to issues and vendors wouldn't know what that means or what to do wit it

--> Anyone who has done it, knows, its messy, takes hours to perfect it

--> Also notice nobody talks about how vendor would import pictures and map them to correct items, i think they will have to download all then upload all, i don't expect it to go smooth, there will be issues

Solution - you offer them do it for them

Better solution - if you know most vendors have shopify stores, get a shopify import add-on (not out there yet but I am working on it with a developer), it would work similar to Etsy import addon on the marketplace.