Add to Cart button anywhere

If I create a company news page for example is it possible, and if so how, to place an Add to cart button on this page? I want something that will send the customer directly to the cart page after clicking the button.

You you want an add to cart button? of just a link to the cart.

The link to the cart is just

[url]http://yourserver.com/index.php?dispatch=checkout.cart[/url]

If I create a company news page for example is it possible, and if so how, to place an Add to cart button on this page for that specific item?

So you want to add a product to the cart ? on the news page?

```php

```

Replace 1492 with the product_id of the product you want to add

Thanks kogi! I will give this a try.

Great Post, works well.

My situation is a little different. I also need to be able to add quantity with the submit button.

I have detail breakdown of equipment which will reference to the part Number.

eg: www.nevelspas.com/aqua-flo-pump-parts/

I can not figure out how to make the quantity portion work.

I tried:

quantity:

Submit works great, but quantity will not activate.

Any help appreciated

Gerald

I haven’t tested this but

Try this code 30946 is the product_id

```php

Quantity:

```

The Form does work perfectly.

Thanks so much for your help. This format was very important design for my site.

Gerald

The form does work great, but I really wanted a regular link so here’s my workaround:

I was able to create a rotating product banner in the affiliate section and just change the product ID, and it would add the product to the cart. You could also probably create an affiliate customer for yourself and make affiliate links with that customer and be able to track your own inbound links.

Here’s what my link looks like:

http://www.mysite.com/index.php?dispatch=aff_banners.view&bid=2&sl=EN&product_id=29806

where 29806 is the product id

I’ve been trying to use the following code and it works great but I need to make a few modifications.

```php

```

I have a dropdown menu, which looks something like this:
```php

red shirt
blue shirt
```

Basically I want the selected option value (1, 2 or whatever) to replace the "1492" above. In other words I want the customer to pick a product in a drop down list and be able to add it to cart.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks very much,
Philippe