Add Quantity Price Breaks to the "List" view

I would like to add the quantity price break chart to the “list” view. Can anyone help?

thanks in advance

Are you referring to bulk discounts?

Yes, I am referring to the bulk discounts. We have a lot of products where the only difference is a dimension, etc. As a result, I want to add the bulk pricing chart to the “list” view so that the customer doesn’t have to go to the product page to see the bulk pricing for all of the products listed.

Ideally, I would like to create an additional “list” view (such as “list2”), where the customer see all of the products listed under a certain category, as well as the short description and the bulk pricing. I would also remove any link to the “product page” as they could order directly from the “list2” view. This way I could have “list2” for certain groups and keep “list” for other groups where they can get more information from the product page.

[quote name=‘kamaladg’]Yes, I am referring to the bulk discounts. We have a lot of products where the only difference is a dimension, etc. As a result, I want to add the bulk pricing chart to the “list” view so that the customer doesn’t have to go to the product page to see the bulk pricing for all of the products listed.

Ideally, I would like to create an additional “list” view (such as “list2”), where the customer see all of the products listed under a certain category, as well as the short description and the bulk pricing. I would also remove any link to the “product page” as they could order directly from the “list2” view. This way I could have “list2” for certain groups and keep “list” for other groups where they can get more information from the product page.[/QUOTE]

I’ve attached an addon to parse the DB for the list price and display it. Right now, it takes rates from the addon edit page and uses them to show interest on monthly payments.

It could easily be adapted to parse the bulk discounts instead (ignoring the rates set in the addon edit page). The .tpl file hook could also be adapted to show the discounts.

how would I go about using the .tpl file hook to show the bulk pricing? I want to keep the original “list” view, I just also want to have an additional “view” that shows the bulk pricing. I want to be able to pick this view from the list, just like I can do with the other “views”

thanks in advance for any help you can provide

[quote name=‘gginorio’]I’ve attached an addon to parse the DB for the list price and display it. Right now, it takes rates from the addon edit page and uses them to show interest on monthly payments.

It could easily be adapted to parse the bulk discounts instead (ignoring the rates set in the addon edit page). The .tpl file hook could also be adapted to show the discounts.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for this add-on. How would I adapt it for the quantity price breaks? Also, stupid question, but how do I install the add-on

This is for the qty price breaks, and to add it you just open the zip file and then upload each file(not whole folder) to the same folder as what it is already located in, if the folder doesnt exixt create a new one calle dthe same name.#

so if a file called product.tpl is in a folder caled products in the zip file , then you should go to folder called products in the same location in your site and then upload the file called products.tpl (made up names of course)

Then go to admin/addons and you should see it there activate it if you need to.

John

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]This is for the qty price breaks, and to add it you just open the zip file and then upload each file(not whole folder) to the same folder as what it is already located in, if the folder doesnt exixt create a new one calle dthe same name.#

so if a file called product.tpl is in a folder caled products in the zip file , then you should go to folder called products in the same location in your site and then upload the file called products.tpl (made up names of course)

Then go to admin/addons and you should see it there activate it if you need to.

John[/QUOTE]

Thanks John,

I have two folders, one is add-on. Do I add this to mail addon folder (from the root directory) or to the addon folder under skins/myskin, or do I add it to both?

thanks in advance for your help

No Not mail

also make sure you download the files you are overwriting so you can always add them back in if all goes wrong, or instead of downloading you could change the name from “product.tpl” to “oldproduct.tpl” this way you can go back in and rename them to the correct names to change back.

JOhn

Should just be the addon in root not in skin. If it comes in the zip in folder skin/yourskin/addon then you would but I dont think this does.

[quote name=‘gginorio’]I’ve attached an addon to parse the DB for the list price and display it. Right now, it takes rates from the addon edit page and uses them to show interest on monthly payments.

It could easily be adapted to parse the bulk discounts instead (ignoring the rates set in the addon edit page). The .tpl file hook could also be adapted to show the discounts.[/QUOTE]

I dont seem to be able to download any of this?

Can it be uploaded again?