Add product for free shipping

Let’s say that you offer free shipping for a cart total of $100.00 and your customer only has an order of $75.00. I’d like to see a mod that will suggest products of a certain price to get the total to the free shipping price. It will tell the customer that they only need $25.00 more to qualify for free shipping and list products in a certain price range to add to the cart. staples.com does this.

Submitted to the developers.

I like that too, we have been offering free shipping for orders over $80 for years now and that would help push them to buy more to get that free shipping.

The Developers want $400.00 for this mod. If anyone is interested in contributing let me know.

Count me in for a $100. I would do more but I just paid them for a mod for free products.

[quote name=‘ywalker’]Count me in for a $100. I would do more but I just paid them for a mod for free products.[/QUOTE]

Brilliant. Thank you. With my $100.00 that makes $200.00 to go.

In case anyone else is wondering what this is about. I am attaching a screen shot from a competitors shopping cart of the same thing. Well, I can’t attach it as it’s too large. I am working on it. Back in a minute.

Okay, I have it now, had to convert to PDF and then use Photoshop to convert to GIF to get it under forum attachment limits.

competitor-cart.gif

Looks like a very useful Mod for those who need it.

I think $400 seems a little pricy for what will probably be a single line of code. Am sure there are many of our friends on here who could do this for a fraction if not as a freebee!

[quote name=‘BarryH’]Looks like a very useful Mod for those who need it.

I think $400 seems a little pricy for what will probably be a single line of code. Am sure there are many of our friends on here who could do this for a fraction if not as a freebee![/QUOTE]

I’m not sure about that Barry. I would guess that database calls are involved in this and we want a list of products suggested to fill out the order but if there is anyone who is willing to step up and create this, they are certainly welcome.

[quote name=‘ywalker’]Okay, I have it now, had to convert to PDF and then use Photoshop to convert to GIF to get it under forum attachment limits.[/QUOTE]

Hi Roban

Was really referring to the above post/screenshot!

[quote name=‘roban’]I’m not sure about that Barry. I would guess that database calls are involved in this and we want a list of products suggested to fill out the order but if there is anyone who is willing to step up and create this, they are certainly welcome.[/QUOTE]

If the products etc are required then this is obviously quite complex.

Sorry if I cheapened your post! :oops:

That would be fine and they also have to support the mod for changes in Cs-Cart. I am not one to complain about what people charge for their products or services, including the folks and CS-Cart, as they know better than I what their time, etc is worth. As a business person I feel the same way about my products and services.

If I want something at whatever the price, I buy, if I feel it’s too much, I shop around. As far as the mod is concerned it only has value to those who think so at whatever the price.

You could not cheapen any post Barry. You’re too intelligent. Thanks for the clrification though.

Just got another $50.00 towards the mod. $150.00 to go.

You can vote add for this in the Ideas forum:

[url]http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-general/suggestions/717598-display-the-amount-needed-to-qualify-for-promotion[/url]

Bob