Add-Ons By Simtech Development: Json-Ld For Seo

Unfortunately the add-on shows prices excl VAT. (taxes based on unit price, showing with taxes included on front-end). In the EU we have to show prices incl VAT and so does google. Could you make a switch or something so we can choose this?

Hello!

Thank you for sharing this with us. I forwarded your request to our developers.

yes i noticed this too, but didnt think it mattered appearing in the meta description ex vat, only in the product details. But a good idea would be to be able to choose

yes i noticed this too, but didnt think it mattered appearing in the meta description ex vat, only in the product details. But a good idea would be to be able to choose

It's quite important, I've had stores products removed from google because of this reason :) and I guess it makes sense, otherwise a store can look cheaper while it actually isn't.

It's quite important, I've had stores products removed from google because of this reason :)

Please download the new archive in your account. We released new version with taxes fix.

Thanks!!

It's quite important, I've had stores products removed from google because of this reason :) and I guess it makes sense, otherwise a store can look cheaper while it actually isn't.

Probably why my merchant account had to be manually approved after I installed this addon, all my merchant account prices showed the net from the web and all got rejected

Probably why my merchant account had to be manually approved after I installed this addon, all my merchant account prices showed the net from the web and all got rejected

John, I hope everything is working now. Please let me know if you have some issues.

Reinstalled with new version 4.4.0.2 and brands are working now.

Reinstalled with new version 4.4.0.2 and brands are working now.

I am glad to know that. Thank you for informing us.

When viewing Structured Data results in Google Webmaster, the Brand is not appearing. I think it may be because it is listed separately as itemtype: http://schema.org/Brand. I think it should be listed under itemtype: http://schema.org/Product for Google to pick it up and list it properly.

When viewing Structured Data results in Google Webmaster, the Brand is not appearing. I think it may be because it is listed separately as itemtype: http://schema.org/Brand. I think it should be listed under itemtype: http://schema.org/Product for Google to pick it up and list it properly.

Hello!

Could you please send me the product URL by PM so that we can check?

A URL won't help. Google sees the structured data, including Brand, just fine.

[attachment=13240:sd1.jpg]

[attachment=13241:sd2.jpg]

After looking into this a little further, Google is showing conflicting examples. In the JSON example shown at https://developers.google.com/search/docs/data-types/product, they say the itemtype is "Thing" but if you scroll down further in the Type Definitions, it is showing the itemtype for brand is "Text". At this point it seems like a guessing game.

sd1.jpg

sd2.jpg

I am trying "Thing" first and if that doesn't work then I will try "Text". I will report back.

I am trying "Thing" first and if that doesn't work then I will try "Text". I will report back.

Thank you very much for your help. We are also checking all the possible variants.

Apparently the Brand not showing in structured data under product is a Google issue. I found a few posts going back a couple years discussing this very issue with no resolutions.

Even though the Brand is not showing in webmaster's structured data, my testing shows that Thing is the itemtype that is supposed to be used because itemtype Text throws errors in the structured data testing tool and if I remove the itemtype from the code, Google assigns it automatically as Thing.

So I am going to keep the itemtype as Thing even though it's pretty much useless at this point until Google does something.

Apparently the Brand not showing in structured data under product is a Google issue. I found a few posts going back a couple years discussing this very issue with no resolutions.

Even though the Brand is not showing in webmaster's structured data, my testing shows that Thing is the itemtype that is supposed to be used because itemtype Text throws errors in the structured data testing tool and if I remove the itemtype from the code, Google assigns it automatically as Thing.

So I am going to keep the itemtype as Thing even though it's pretty much useless at this point until Google does something.

Just curious, were you able to install the JSON addon just by uploading and installing?? I was not being on V4.7.4

Just curious, were you able to install the JSON addon just by uploading and installing?? I was not being on V4.7.4

Yes.

Update:

The fix for the Brand not showing up in structured data under product is to not include an itemtype at all (I assume it is just falling under the itemtype Product?). I got lucky when I had been testing this without an itemtype (for about 10 minutes) last week, Google picked up one of my products at the time and displayed the Brand.

I discovered this a couple of days ago and made the code changes and Google has already picked up a few more products and is displaying the Brand consistently now.

Update:

The fix for the Brand not showing up in structured data under product is to not include an itemtype at all (I assume it is just falling under the itemtype Product?). I got lucky when I had been testing this without an itemtype (for about 10 minutes) last week, Google picked up one of my products at the time and displayed the Brand.

I discovered this a couple of days ago and made the code changes and Google has already picked up a few more products and is displaying the Brand consistently now.

Hello!

We checked different types of brand and found out that the correct way is to send brand as text. We already released new version with the fix. Please download it in your account.

Update:

Perhaps you should use the itemtype 'Brand'?

Kind regards,