Add-Ons By Simtech Development: Affiliate Light

Dear Friends!

Affiliate Light add-on allows you to easily manage payouts, generate referral links, and track all the stats to measure your promo effectiveness. It is a simple solution which allows you to launch an affiliate program in your business fast and easy. Provide your affiliates with commissions for selling with a referral link or an affiliate coupon code!

Key features:

- Simple setup and seamless integration with CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor stores.
- Intuitive interface and simple dashboard to get a clear view of all payouts, commissions, track stats, and manage promos and referrals.
- Automatic generation and copying of referral links.
- Affiliate program allows you to pay commission fees for orders made in the store.
Compatibility.
The add-on is compatible with CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor 4.9.0 and above. Mininum PHP version is 7.1. This add-on is incompatible with the Affiliate and Referral add-on by Simtech Development.
User Guide
Learn more about the add-on in the User Guide.
Demo.
Test the add-on's work in our demo store!
Buy the add-on here!

I will be glad to answer all your questions about the add-on.

I use your affiliate addon (The full one) and I found a problematic issue that might be a breach of GDPR and privacy of customers.

When a customer is making an order following affiliate link, his data will be visible to the affiliate.

This means that someone who is an affiliate of my store, can see the name and shopping preferences of a customer.

In most cases, affiliate do not know the customers personally and I see no reason for an affiliate to know that customer X bought Acne treatment cream or Intimate hygiene gel...

Also - affiliates are in many cases "working" with few stores, so if they see my customers preferences and their name - they might use it outside my store and promote other stores or even comeptitors (it is really easy to find the customer for example when you promote via certain group on Facebook and you can see the group members).

It is essential that the store admin (me) will be able to check or uncheck the option of "show customer name to affiliate" or to be able to allow only first name or only IP address.

I paid a lot of money for this addon and now (following complain from a customer) will need to either invest more on amending the addon or look for an alternative one.

Within the next few days we will need to make a decision if we should disable the addon (which will cause an impact on the trust between us and our affiliates) or notify all customers that some of their personal information is visible to our partners.

Expecting Simtech to comment on this major issue.

affil.PNG

I use your affiliate addon (The full one) and I found a problematic issue that might be a breach of GDPR and privacy of customers.

When a customer is making an order following affiliate link, his data will be visible to the affiliate.

This means that someone who is an affiliate of my store, can see the name and shopping preferences of a customer.

In most cases, affiliate do not know the customers personally and I see no reason for an affiliate to know that customer X bought Acne treatment cream or Intimate hygiene gel...

Also - affiliates are in many cases "working" with few stores, so if they see my customers preferences and their name - they might use it outside my store and promote other stores or even comeptitors (it is really easy to find the customer for example when you promote via certain group on Facebook and you can see the group members).

It is essential that the store admin (me) will be able to check or uncheck the option of "show customer name to affiliate" or to be able to allow only first name or only IP address.

I paid a lot of money for this addon and now (following complain from a customer) will need to either invest more on amending the addon or look for an alternative one.

Within the next few days we will need to make a decision if we should disable the addon (which will cause an impact on the trust between us and our affiliates) or notify all customers that some of their personal information is visible to our partners.

Expecting Simtech to comment on this major issue.

Hi, Myprimarket! The add-on already have a setting to hide the customer's IP address:

I discussed it with our team, and we decided to add a similar setting to hide the customer's name. If both settings are enabled, the customer ID in the system will be displayed instead. I created a feature request to the add-on's department for estimation. Thank you for letting us know about the problem!

Friends, we have got some news about the add-on!

We introduced the required changes to make the add-ons appear well on the nav bar when the Airy theme is installed.

Friends, we have got some news about the add-on!

We introduced the required changes to make the add-ons appear well on the nav bar when the Airy theme is installed.

how do we export the promo code and affiliate link . This is difficult for vendor as they go into their vendor dashboard and cannot see the affiliate info unless they log in as a customer. Vendors don't want to do both. Is there a way to export this so we can tell vendors what their code is without them doing the work?

Thanks