Add on for showing matching accessories?

Is there an add on (plug in?) for my store selling dresses and matching shoes and other accessories that will show customers, while they are looking at dresses for example, that there are also matching shoes and headbands?

You can use cs-cart block system to add related products or take a look at cs-cart Buy Together addon.

[url=“http://1clue.com/product-analogues.html”]http://1clue.com/product-analogues.html[/url]

[quote name='Magpie Don' timestamp='1364473912' post='158885']

http://1clue.com/pro…-analogues.html

[/quote]

Looks like a really useful add-on. Have you used this?

Yes, I used it in v2 and now in v3. I renamed the word “analogues” to something more english friendly.

I like that the link between products works both way. You only have to associate the product once. I was kind of surprised to find out the the CS-Cart Buy Together addon doesn't do this. I set up a Buy Together for two volumes of a DVD production. Buy DVD1 together with DVD2 and get a discount price, but when you view DVD2, the offer isn't there!

But you could use Product Analogues for similar products, substitutions, related products, or addons.

Cool! I notice it says the related products appear in a tab. Is there any way to configure this NOT to appear in a tab? I like my related products to be in a block below the product description.

[quote name='Magpie Don' timestamp='1364531643' post='158920']

Yes, I used it in v2 and now in v3. I renamed the word “analogues” to something more english friendly.

I like that the link between products works both way. You only have to associate the product once. I was kind of surprised to find out the the CS-Cart Buy Together addon doesn't do this. I set up a Buy Together for two volumes of a DVD production. Buy DVD1 together with DVD2 and get a discount price, but when you view DVD2, the offer isn't there!

But you could use Product Analogues for similar products, substitutions, related products, or addons.

[/quote]This is a very nice feature. How did you change the word “analogues” to a friendlier name? I would like to change it so that my customers will be more willing to click on that tab.

[quote name='jimmyod' timestamp='1364567309' post='158944']

This is a very nice feature. How did you change the word “analogues” to a friendlier name? I would like to change it so that my customers will be more willing to click on that tab.

[/quote]I just found it Design_Product tabs.

Jimmyod, before I installed the addon, I did a find and replace on the code. I found and replaced the word “analogue” with “similar” in ALL instances in the code. (if you attempt this, you need to pay a lot of attention to details) That even changed the name of the database table when it was installed. Using this same technique, you could copy the addon's install package, rename the code to “related” and actually have two installs of the same addon - without conflicts - one for Similar products and another for Related products (or Accessories).

But, I think you can search the languages for “analogue” and replace it there, and I think you can view the Design>Product Tabs and rename it there.

Kingsleypress, it is designed to be in a tab, but I got rid of the tabs. In the Settings>Appearance menu I deselected “Display product details in tabs”. This addon was just another one of the reasons for that. I include A LOT of features for my products, maybe a video demo, reviews, and the Product Analogues addon and I didn't want all that data to be be hidden behind a tab. - it all loads to the page anyway, so it's not like there's a load time benefit by using tabs. Too many customers don't read and don't click the tabs where there is a gold mine of data on the products, so I just put it all in their face.

[quote name='Magpie Don' timestamp='1364568596' post='158948']

Kingsleypress, it is designed to be in a tab, but I got rid of the tabs. In the Settings>Appearance menu I deselected “Display product details in tabs”. This addon was just another one of the reasons for that. I include A LOT of features for my products, maybe a video demo, reviews, and the Product Analogues addon and I didn't want all that data to be be hidden behind a tab. - it all loads to the page anyway, so it's not like there's a load time benefit by using tabs. Too many customers don't read and don't click the tabs where there is a gold mine of data on the products, so I just put it all in their face.

[/quote]

Couldn't agree more on the tabs. I have so many customers who call me with questions that are already answered if they would just click through the tabs. I've been seriously considering doing away with them. This just gives me another reason to do so. Thanks!

Thank you, Thank you! Sounds good, off to have a better look now!

Installed the analogues addon tonight and hosed my test store. All I get now in both backend and storefront is:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 523800 bytes) in /home/mysite/public_html/core/fn.catalog.php on line 42

Any help appreciated.

I'd try setting the memory limit in the config.local.php file to 256M:

// Set maximum memory limit

@ini_set('memory_limit', '256M');

I usually find this error occurs when that local value is set higher than what your PHP master memory limit is set to.

The addon doesn't change the fn.catalog.php script, but something is trying to use over 128M of PHP memory.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm sorry to say it didn't help. I've disabled the addon for now, and raised a ticket with the developers. When I enable this addon and then go to my storefront, my browser screen turns black. It's really weird. I've never had anything like this before.

Guys,

I just visited the website and noticed that they have an updated version…

http://1clue.com/product-analogues-extended.html

this one isn't free (though it's still just $49), but it has a lot more functionality (including the ability to display the related products in blocks).

I'd like to down load the free version.

I'm stuck here: 2. In the admin area go to the add-ons list and click install “Related products” add-on

I cannot find “Related products” in the list of add-ons

you can also use [url=“FREE ADDON: Newest products from same category on product details page - Developers' Corner - CS-Cart Community Forums”]FREE ADDON: Newest products from same category on product details page - Developers' Corner - CS-Cart Community Forums for extra products

Valentin

Saloula,

They call it “product analogues” (for whatever crazy reason).

OMG after taking, taking, taking valuable advice from the good people at this forum, I’m finally able to be on the “giving” end! :mrgreen:

[quote name='MFD' timestamp='1365276834' post='159504']

Guys,

I just visited the website and noticed that they have an updated version…

[url=“http://1clue.com/product-analogues-extended.html”]http://1clue.com/pro...s-extended.html[/url]

this one isn't free (though it's still just $49), but it has a lot more functionality (including the ability to display the related products in blocks).

[/quote]

Thanks for that. This is the first addon that seems actually useful.

All other addons are bidirectional, which mean that if you make product a an accessory of product B, product B will also become an accessory of product A. (which does not make sense in many cases)

Hopefully we will see that addon for CSC4 as well.

If anyone is interested, you can read my review of this Add-on here:

http://1clue.com/related-products-extended.html