Add Google Plus And Pinterest To Cs-Cart 4.x

The default social buttons do not have google+ or pinterest options. So I’ve inserted them manually in the social buttons block.

They are loading asynchronously so the page will keep loading while they fetch code from providers.

For product details:

Open: design/themes/YOURTEMPLATE/templates/addons/social_buttons/hooks/products/image_wrap.post.tpl

google +

Search for ```php
{/foreach}

```php
<br />
<li class="social-buttons_li clearfix ligplus"><div class="g-plusone" data-size="medium"></div></li><br />
{literal}<script type="text/javascript"><br />
{  window.___gcfg = {lang: 'en-EN'};<br />
<br />
  (function() {<br />
	var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;<br />
	po.src = 'https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js';<br />
	var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);<br />
  })();}<br />
</script>{/literal}<br />

```<br />
remenber to change language [b]lang: 'en-EN'[/b]  to fit your needs.<br />
<br />
[b]Pinterest:[/b]<br />
Search for ```php
{/foreach}
``` or after the google+ code and after add the code:<br />
```php
<br />
<li class="social-buttons_li clearfix lipintrest"><a href="http://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url={$index_script}?dispatch=products.view&product_id={$product.product_id}&media=http%3A%2F%2F{$product.detailed.image_path}&description={$product.product|unescape}{$product.full_description|unescape|strip_tags|truncate:280:"..."}" data-pin-do="buttonPin" data-pin-config="beside">Pin it</a></li><br />
{literal}<script type="text/javascript"><br />
(function(d){<br />
	var f = d.getElementsByTagName('SCRIPT')[0], p = d.createElement('SCRIPT');<br />
	p.type = 'text/javascript';<br />
	p.async = true;<br />
	p.src = '//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js';<br />
	f.parentNode.insertBefore(p, f);<br />
}(document));<br />
</script><br />
{/literal}<br />

```<br />
Remember to disable popup blockers on your browser to test pinterest.<br />
<br />
[b]For Content pages:[/b]<br />
Open: design/themes/YOURTEMPLATE/templates/addons/social_buttons/hooks/pages/page_content.pre.tpl<br />
Search for ```php
{/foreach}
``` and after add the same code from products.<br />
<br />
You might have to change yous css on the .ligplus and .lipintrest classes to better suit your needs.

Thanks!

Trying to get this to work on 4.2.2 but my image_wrap.post.tpl file is totally blank. What's up with that?

yes my to…

OK, it seems that

product_social.post.tpl

is calling a directory called “providers”, which in turn seems to be calling individual templates for the various providers:

vkontakte.tpl

twitter.tpl

facebook.tpl

email.tpl

email_content.tpl

Looks like someone just needs to create

googleplus.tpl

and

pinterest.tpl

and this would be solved.

I'm not a programmer but presumably this could be done in a relatively short time.

CS-Cart should include Google+ and Pinterest social buttons in their next upgrade.

i wrote couple of times to include that…once they promised it will be included…but nothing…

Totally frustrated me too so I ended up adding an html block and my own social media logos with embedded links. I'm still in build mode for this site but you're welcome to take a look.

http://www.store.wholesaleid.co.uk

Alt-team has released new add-on “Social icons”.

You may find Google Plus and Pinterest icons in the features of this add-on.

Fell free to contact us if you have any questions.

Best regards, Alt-team.

Personally I would have these loading on a ecom site. I would do a html page and just link to that page perhaps called social networks. Make that pages as fancy as you like to counters, faces even stats perhaps.

2 main reasons being 1) you want people thinking about your products not anything else when they view your pages 2) these links will have an overhang on your page loads and you are handing control of the page loading at to 3rd parties.

Just use this free addon

Addthis Social Buttons for CS-Cart Products - Δωρεάν CS-Cart Addons at Cscart.Biz | CS-Cart Market by Dvs.gr

Fotis

[quote name='kickoff3pm' timestamp='1423520607' post='204767']

Personally I would have these loading on a ecom site. I would do a html page and just link to that page perhaps called social networks. Make that pages as fancy as you like to counters, faces even stats perhaps.

2 main reasons being 1) you want people thinking about your products not anything else when they view your pages 2) these links will have an overhang on your page loads and you are handing control of the page loading at to 3rd parties.

[/quote]

Yet pins and likes will get you ranking as well as customers to your website.

[quote name=‘Flow’ timestamp=‘1424604472’ post=‘206177’]

Yet pins and likes will get you ranking as well as customers to your website.

[/quote]

You are looking at it from the wrong way around. If customers are coming to your site from social media they are doing just that. So showing buttons for people to click on page on your site does not bring anyone. Your work should be done on on the social media sites.

But, I’m not saying don’t have the buttons somewhere on your site. I’m saying the is a trade off and loading these things will have an effect on page load and if there servers have issues could even stop you page loading. That’s why I suggest putting them on thigns like contact pages. Also why would you want to give a potential customer the chance to click away from a product you are trying to sell.

I have blogs setup to push content to social media even so social media traffic was only 14% to my site last week. On my non-ecom site it’s 63% :-)

I don't agree at all. If you set them up correctly, these buttons don't take your customer away from your shop. All it does is create a like or pin, for example, on their SM pages. The customer stays on the product page.

If a customer likes a product from our shop, this shows up in their feed. Their friends see this and discover our shop.

Or a customer pins an image from our shop or blog. This pin is shared by 250 people, showing up all over pinterest. All these links give that product or page ranking, meaning people will find your shop easier in organic search… and so on.

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1424625665' post='206185']

I don't agree at all. If you set them up correctly, these buttons don't take your customer away from your shop. All it does is create a like or pin, for example, on their SM pages. The customer stays on the product page.

If a customer likes a product from our shop, this shows up in their feed. Their friends see this and discover our shop.

Or a customer pins an image from our shop or blog. This pin is shared by 250 people, showing up all over pinterest. All these links give that product or page ranking, meaning people will find your shop easier in organic search… and so on.

[/quote]

All good in theory but it seldom happens and that was only the second reason I don't like putting them on the product page. But if it works for you who am I to argue.

It seldom happens? Hmm… I have products with over 20 likes on facebook, and some images with over 200 pins in pinterest. These bring visitors to my page all the time.

Also I never experience our page loading slower (the buttons appear when the rest has already been loaded).

Hello guys and Flow :)

try to publish some pages to :

stumbleupon.com/submit

keep google analytics open :)

http://www.stumbleupon.com/submit

[quote name=‘demeldoo’ timestamp=‘1424704699’ post=‘206224’]

Hello guys and Flow :)

try to publish some pages to :

stumbleupon.com/submit

keep google analytics open :)

[url=“http://www.stumbleupon.com/submit”]http://www.stumbleupon.com/submit[/url]

[/quote]

Stumble upon rocks as well :)

I learnt a long time ago that traffic bursts from social networks is mostly bot related. To find the true value of any traffic from anywhere you need to count the number of orders not the amount of traffic. What I prefer to do it go out and find groups of people who fit my profile and then convert as many as I can to customers. I don't really need streams of people from countries not interested in what I'm selling.

Alt-Team is your addon still available

[quote name='Alt-team' timestamp='1423048880' post='204248']

Alt-team has released new add-on “Social icons”.

You may find Google Plus and Pinterest icons in the features of this add-on.

Fell free to contact us if you have any questions.

Best regards, Alt-team.

[/quote]

I am unable to find your social Icons addon Is it still available? Please send me the link Thanks.

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1412429459' post='193371']

OK, it seems that

product_social.post.tpl

is calling a directory called “providers”, which in turn seems to be calling individual templates for the various providers:

vkontakte.tpl

twitter.tpl

facebook.tpl

email.tpl

email_content.tpl

Looks like someone just needs to create

googleplus.tpl

and

pinterest.tpl

and this would be solved.

I'm not a programmer but presumably this could be done in a relatively short time.

CS-Cart should include Google+ and Pinterest social buttons in their next upgrade.

[/quote]

I am also facing the same problem after upgrading from 4.1.5 to 4.2.4, earlier the google plus and pinterest buttons use to come but now they are not displaying. I have even copied the googleplus.tpl and pinterest.tpl file as well .