Account Activation Via Registered Mail

Hi,

I would like to send an auto generated mail to newly registered user to view the details of their profiles which they had just submitted via the registration page. In the mail, I would also like user who had signed up for membership to activate their own account.

Had browse through the whole forum and yet to find an answer to this. Can someone please assist me?

Cheers! :wink:

bear

so to confirm - you have “Administrator must activate new user accounts” checked in the admin or your store, but you then want the user to be able to follow a link to activate their own account?

Is this correct?

what version by the way

Well, I have something close. It’s an automatic activater mod. It will automatically activate any account registered before sending profile details to the email address registered. However, it’s still not quite as good an idea as email confirmation, because that would confirm the email address is real.

[quote name=‘DELTA9000’]bear

so to confirm - you have “Administrator must activate new user accounts” checked in the admin or your store, but you then want the user to be able to follow a link to activate their own account?

Is this correct?

what version by the way[/QUOTE]

Hi Delta… not wrong at all… I would like user to follow a link to activate their own account so as to ensure that the email address which they had entered is real… any recommendation?

[quote name=‘mdekok3000’]Well, I have something close. It’s an automatic activater mod. It will automatically activate any account registered before sending profile details to the email address registered. However, it’s still not quite as good an idea as this, because this idea confirms the email address is real.[/QUOTE]

Hi mdekok, do you have any sample for me to view pls?

[quote name=‘BearBug’]Hi mdekok, do you have any sample for me to view pls?[/quote]

Click the “My Mods” link in my signature.