Access Denied

One of my store administrators is trying to add another administrator, but she’s getting an error. She can get to the “add” page, but there’s an “access denied” message when she submits the form. She’s a member of a custom user group that has privileges for:[list]

[]View Users

[
]Manage Users

[]View User Groups

[
]Manage User Groups

[/list]

Using the super administrator account, I can add other administrators with no trouble. Any idea what may be happening?

Hello, grayloon!

It is a default behavior that only root administrator can add other administrator accounts.

That's interesting, because Ilya Vasilevskiy told me this in a support ticket response:

Yes, after the investigation our support engineers found out that it seemed to be a bug in 3.0.1. I am sorry for misinforming you.

Any update on this? I have the same bug issue on 3.0.1

Hello WebTek,

Thank you for your message.

We apologize for the possibly confusing situation that occurred in this thread, but we have examined this issue carefully and found out that it is not caused by a bug in the CS-Cart installation. This type of administrators is restricted and they cannot add new administrators. If you create an additional administrator and do not assign him/her to the administrators user group, this administrator will be able to create a new administrator account, this is default CS-Cart functionality.

Once again we apologize for misinforming you.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

Actually the only way I found to get ride of the warning: access denied message was to enable the user group privileges to edit blocks. I was using a very minimal privileged user group with just privileges to view and manage catalog. That's what caused the warning messages. The user group could edit products and save them, just the annoying warning message kept showing for no reason. So also enabling edit blocks fixed it.

Hello Webtek,

Thank you for your reply.

It seems that we are speaking about different privileges. Actually, I told about the ability of creating new administrators in the store system. As far as I see from your reply, you mentioned a different privilege. Could you let me know what privilege you mean in order that we can avoid possible misunderstanding?

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team