About to buy but a couple of questions

[quote name=‘Scott ROtton’ timestamp=‘1347656646’ post=‘145078’]

Does no one even have the answer to this question. Its probably the most important

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]3, This is most probably the biggest issue I have, buy price. I cant for the life of me see where buy price goes but surly it must be in here as how would you know how to discount things properly without referring to external information? if it isnt in there it means you wouldnt be able to run a profit report against costs.[/font][/color]

[/quote]

Scott,

When you mention “Buy Price”, are you referring to product “Cost” ?

If so, then by default CS-Cart does not provide a field to enter the product costs, thus there is no means to calculate any selling prices based upon cost or run gross profit reports. There is a code tweak or two floating around where someone has created an additional field to enter product costs in the admin, although they are basically just placeholders serving a basic need.

I do wish CS-Cart would add the logic to calculate selling prices by percentage based upon actual product cost, would allow for a very effficient way of making ongoing selling price adjustments when a price increase needs to be implemented for example!

Other than for this reason, I would have no need to have product cost data stored in CS-Cart as that is something I rely on accounting software to handle, and also where I would be running critical profit reports from! I only consider our online cart as a means of taking orders, and communicating order related information back to our customers, that is what it is meant to be best suited for.

As far as ebay integration, if CS-Cart says it is going to happen, then from past experience it will happen, afterall, they did not stutter when making there statement, so the only question is when, my bet is within 3-6 months.

In general, if you want a shopping cart platform that you can grow with, then CS-Cart is an excellent choice and will most likely grow on you the longer you work with it! It is quite powerful in what can be accomplished out of the box, although with this power also comes a bit more complexity when setting up certain things. ;-)

Sorry, I have already started on my journey to Margaritaville!

Regardless, I don’t manually import/export products enough to be of much benefit, once every 3-4 years and then forgot how I did it the next time around!

Johnbol1 here in the forums is the smartest spreadsheet guy I know of, although he is from the UK, he is still a good guy, quite helpful and rather normal (almost as if he is becoming Americanised or something), so I am sure he will mention some useful tips when he comes across your thread! :)

[quote name=‘Struck’ timestamp=‘1347666373’ post=‘145088’]

Johnbol1 here in the forums is the smartest spreadsheet guy I know of, although he is from the UK, he is still a good guy, quite helpful and rather normal (almost as if he is becoming Americanised or something), so I am sure he will mention some useful tips when he comes across your thread! :)

[/quote]

yeah,to the point where I am actually here in the US right now enjoying the sun…“damn tourists”. :grin:

anyway yes I do have a similar issue as yours myself with supplier sizes and is not to bad once you get to the import thing. One problem is though, importing price modifiers for XXXXL size etc that cost a bit more, needs a bit of work. I have a addon for that that works great once set up. Its all about manipulating the data in your spreadsheet first.

BUT !!, if you only have say 6 size sets have you looked at Golbal options, you can set up just the six then bulk apply them to as many products as you wish. you can also apply them as links so when you change the bulk option it changes all the products.

[url=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

if you want any info on the excel/modifier option price import thing just PM me… Ozzy Ozzy Ozzy,

John