about Business License


When starting a business, what do you do first, do you register the business name, get a sales tax ID#, EIN#?

Any help will be much appreciated.


All depends on where you live and what type of business you are tyring to form (Parnetership, Sole-Proprietorship, LLC, C-corp, S-corp, etc.) Businesses in the US are registered in the state of their headquarters. Name registration is usually a result of the type of business formation. But in the case of a sole proprietorship, registering a business name and getting tax id's may be the only thing required by your state. Your Secratary Of State office or Department of Commerce for the state of your residence or office location should be able to help you with specifics.

Thank you for tthis information.