A way to hide a shipping method from a usergroup?

I would like to require a specific user group to use one specific shipping method, and I would like to hide all other shipping methods that are available to guests and other registered users from them. It doesn't look like this is possible with the standard setup, but is there a way I could do a simple work around?

Using v. 3.0.1 Ultimate Edition.

Hello kellenw,

Thank you for your message.

I assume that you have some other shipping methods that are available to any registered customer. If yes, this shipping method will also be available for the specific user group as long as customers of this user group are considered as registered users too. There are several workaround solutions for this:

• the first workaround is to create a separate customer user group (e.g. call it Customers) and assign all customers that do not belong to any user group to this created user group. After that edit your shipping methods, clear the Registered check box and select all user group check boxes (including the Customers user group check box and excluding the check box of the specific user group mentioned in your message). These instructions will allow you to display the necessary shipping methods only to the necessary user groups and not to all registered customers. The drawback of this method is that you will have to assign each new registered customer to the Customers user group manually.

• the second workaround is to apply some code modifications. After applying these modifications the necessary shipping methods will be displayed only for the necessary user groups. We would be happy to assist you in this matter within our technical support service. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk if you have support credits or an active support period.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team