a deal a day?

I am thinking about getting another copy of cs-cart for a new store I’m launching. I don’t think it has this functionality out of the box, but maybe someone with more experience knows or has ideas… ?

I will be featuring one product each day at a low price. I would like to be able to set up products in advance and have them become available at a certain date and time. Until then, they will be hidden. When it’s time for the next deal of the day, the old one will expire and become hidden again. I’m thinking the current options under “availability” won’t let me do this. I need to be able to do this automatically so I don’t have to log in and turn the products on and off.

This is something that I would love to do too. I know that it was talked about before, but nothing came from it.

This is something that I would be happy to contribute to to have it developed.

Brandon

There’s one script,which does exactly what you need and it’s free. You go to Special Offers, select dates from/to and your product will appear then vanish after that date. Also, it will be presented in the Special Offers section without any effort.

It’s not that I’m trying to recommend somethind different to CS, but I want CS to have the same. Sorry, if this is incorrect and please ban me for life.

www.opencart.com

I don’t use it but it looks like you could set something like this up in Promotions.?

I think the biggest thing for me is to be able to set the product to only be available during a certain time frame so my products will automatically swap out. The store will be sort of like woot.com except I’ll also be offering a few other products on the side. The deal of the day will be a product that is typically only offered once for the low price, until it sells out.

If I’m going to have to customize a cart I’d like to use CS-Cart but I’m open to others if I can find the functionality I need out of the box. I hadn’t seen opencart yet so I will check it out.

I saw opencart’s implentation of the special - that would work nicely. I could have cs-cart do that for me (although it would be a nice feature to add to the cart… I can’t wait). Opencart is missing some other things. My gateway (payflow pro) isn’t supported, for instance.

I did think of a ‘dirty’ solution where I could set up a cron job w/ a mysql command that sets particular products to hidden or active. Something like

to launch new product…

UPDATE cscart_products set status = A WHERE product_id = 123;

to hide the product when it’s done…

UPDATE cscart_products set status = H WHERE product_id = 123;

Now… is there a way to display products from a particular category on the home page? I was checking blocks and was hoping one of the fill options for products was by category but there isn’t one. Surely there would be another way. I was thinking I could put these special deals in their own category to make it easier to call them up…

Ok, just gotta say this:

I like Noman, as he gives me plenty of chuckles and is a decent fella… :wink:

However, personally I just don’t feel that it is right to post competitive carts url’s on a forum owned & sponsored by CS-Cart of whom we support, otherwise we would not be here.

Not that open**** is a real competitor or anything, but still, it truly isn’t right to make reference to them, is it?

BTW, I tried open**** a while back, it ate all of my products, ate my orders, ate my customers credit card details and my host banned me for life for installing this on their server… Don’t try it! :smiley:

Struck man!

I was trying to help that poor chap and also, my last line is:

[COLOR=“Navy”]“Sorry, if this is incorrect and please ban me for life.”[/COLOR]

I do not consider OC as a competitor to CS, but let’s be open minded and see what other codemasters have to offer. Then, let’s do it the Microsoft’s way. Steal, copy, implement, sell. YEAH.

SH.iT, I can see a huge axe above my brain cover!

Nope, I wouldn’t consider them a competitor in the least. Anyway, checking out the other cart gave me a concrete idea to send over to cs-cart staff if I decide to go with the customized cs-cart option.

So back to my other question if anyone is still listening :lol:

How can I display products from a specific category on the home page? I was thinking of using a block but it seems I can only put a link to a category rather than fill the block with products from that category… Maybe there is another way… ???

[QUOTE]Struck man!

I was trying to help that poor chap [/QUOTE]

I understand Noman, not a big deal, I was just leaving “Food for Thought” more than anything else. :wink:

Ok, Sorry Ogia!

Back to your question:

How can I display products from a specific category on the home page? I was thinking of using a block but it seems I can only put a link to a category rather than fill the block with products from that category… Maybe there is another way… ???

We are in the process of having CS Cart develop the deal of the day add on.

Follow this link to get caught up on the specifics:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=15752[/url]