A couple of questions

Hi guys,

Ive recently installed 1.3.3 and am very happy with it but i am concerned about upgrading because of loosing my skin. Ive already installed the latest version on a sub directory to see if my skin would work but it doesnt.

Question 1) Is it safe to not upgrade? Are there essential security updates been added to the new version or is it just extra features?

Question 2) I have an anti right click script which needs to be installed in the head of the html index page. Ive tried it in main.tpl and top.tpl but it just produced a blank page when i uploaded it. Can i add this somewhere and if so then where please?

Many thanks

Andi

[quote name=‘willow1872’]Question 1) Is it safe to not upgrade? Are there essential security updates been added to the new version or is it just extra features?[/quote]

You can see exactly what has changed here: [URL=“Version History — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]https://www.cs-cart.com/changelog.html[/URL]

I think your skin should (be able to) work for the new version as well, but wait for the official upgrade script, and see what it does.

[quote]Question 2) I have an anti right click script which needs to be installed in the head of the html index page. Ive tried it in main.tpl and top.tpl but it just produced a blank page when i uploaded it. Can i add this somewhere and if so then where please?[/quote]

I would try index.tpl if I were you…

I don’t know why you would bother with an anti-right click script when you can just as easily click save as but anyways anytime you add javascript to your template you have to put the javascript code between {literal} {/literal} tags for example:

{literal}
javascript code here
{/literal}

I must agree with snorocket. Right click scripts cannot protect people from copying your content if they want to. My opinion is that they are silly, and irritating as well. And they’re sooooo 90’s :slight_smile:

Thanks for the responses guys :slight_smile:

Its not about stealing content, if they wanted the images they could have them but it really annoys me when they just leech from the location and eat up my bandwidth :frowning:

there are ways to stop hotlinking your images.

Illl look for some code later today.

[quote name=‘ETInteractive’]there are ways to stop hotlinking your images.

Illl look for some code later today.[/quote]

Thats very kind of you - thank you :slight_smile:

Hi willow1872

You can do this via your server, in cpanel it is called " Hotlink protection"

[quote name=‘zardos’]Hi willow1872

You can do this via your server, in cpanel it is called " Hotlink protection"[/quote]

Thanks John but i dont have CPanel. I have found This Link though which should hopefully do the same thing :slight_smile:

Thanks again :smiley:

adding this to your .htaccess works great…

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^$
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://(www\.)?your_domain.com/.*$ [NC]
RewriteRule \.(gif|jpg)$ - [F]

Yea teh cpanel hotlink protection just generates htaccess code like above.

I couldnt get it to work. Pasted the code in the .htaccess and then created an index page with one of my images on it and then upload that to another account but the image still showed :frowning:

Hi willow1872

Why don’t you watermark your pic’s, with you conpany name, that will stop people linking to your site.

willow, hotlink should work fine like that. have you tried resetting

the apache service?

[quote name=‘nwsco’]willow, hotlink should work fine like that. have you tried resetting

the apache service?[/quote]

Thats all over my head im afraid. Its no biggie :slight_smile:

hi willow

i can understand.

maybe you have a friend nearby or provider or so who can do this for

you, since its just a few minutes…

just a thought…

Im sure i do but its not that high on my list of priorities right now :wink:

I really do appreciate everyone’s advice and thank you all for taking the time to reply