600 Coupons don't work - CSC says pay to fix it!

I’ve been using CSC for about 18 months now and while I’ve had my issues with their support at times, overall I’ve been happy with the product and the customer support. Today however a response to a ticket has me so angry I am nearly on the verge of booking a flight to Russia to give the owner of this company a piece of my mind in person.

We implemented an auto generated coupon which in the last month has generated over 600 coupons for one of the largest sales events we have ever had. Last week we started to get the first people starting to use them only to find NONE of them work. I submitted a ticket and they came back with a bug fix, but was told none of the old coupons would work. I replied that they needed to provide a fix and even a SQL query to run on the database as we are not going to deal with over 600 support emails to create these manually one by one.

They responsed they would get back to us. Well today they did. They told us we would have to pay for custom development to get this fixed! I can’t seriously believe they just suggested I pay for custom development to fix an issue they caused on a non-customized default feature of the software. I kid you not it would be cheaper to fly to Russia and open up a can of ass kicking then to pay for the support hours I’ll incur in the next few months. I really feel like I’m being extorted because they know how much we need this fixed.

I am so pissed right now I can’t even explain how furious I am. Is this just me or are they totally out of line?

Anyone have any suggestions? I’m on version 2.0.10. If CSC has indicated they this version was EOL I might agree with them, but that has not happened and I’ve certainly not been told that support for this version was not provided, so I think they are 100% responsible to get this fixed.

[quote name=‘jmottle’]I’ve been using CSC for about 18 months now and while I’ve had my issues with their support at times, overall I’ve been happy with the product and the customer support. Today however a response to a ticket has me so angry I am nearly on the verge of booking a flight to Russia to give the owner of this company a piece of my mind in person.

We implemented an auto generated coupon which in the last month has generated over 600 coupons for one of the largest sales events we have ever had. Last week we started to get the first people starting to use them only to find NONE of them work. I submitted a ticket and they came back with a bug fix, but was told none of the old coupons would work. I replied that they needed to provide a fix and even a SQL query to run on the database as we are not going to deal with over 600 support emails to create these manually one by one.

They responsed they would get back to us. Well today they did. They told us we would have to pay for custom development to get this fixed! I can’t seriously believe they just suggested I pay for custom development to fix an issue they caused on a non-customized default feature of the software. I kid you not it would be cheaper to fly to Russia and open up a can of ass kicking then to pay for the support hours I’ll incur in the next few months. I really feel like I’m being extorted because they know how much we need this fixed.

I am so pissed right now I can’t even explain how furious I am. Is this just me or are they totally out of line?

Anyone have any suggestions? I’m on version 2.0.10. If CSC has indicated they this version was EOL I might agree with them, but that has not happened and I’ve certainly not been told that support for this version was not provided, so I think they are 100% responsible to get this fixed.[/quote]

Stupid Question, but wouldn’t it be cheaper to recreate these coupon codes? Let me know if you need help - I can’t pressure CS, but I can try to assist.

Might be saying very stupid here, but maybe, just maybe, could an upgrade fix this?

Could be a bug in your version of CS-cart that is solved in an upgrade. Codes should still be in the database… right?

[url]http://www.alt-team.com/[/url]

everythings worth a shot

John

Thanks for the tips guys.

I’m not sure if an upgrade would help or not. They did not make any sort of mention of this. One would assume if it would they would have said something. I can’t recreate them as they are all auto generated and there are over 600 of them. One would assume there is just a flag somewhere in the database that says if the auto generated coupon has been used, so one would assume it would be easy to fix and not require massive code changes. Not sure.

If they still refuse to fix this after my request to speak with a manager, I will never use them for custom development again. I’ll outsource for double the price before I give them a cent more of my money.

Has anyone used ALT-TEAM? I was considering using them to upgrade our stores and patch any broken plugins in the new year.

Maybe we can help… when you say it “doesn’t work” … is there an error message? does it not apply the proper discount? etc

when you try to apply it it just says that it does not exist, even though I can see it in the list of coupons generated for the promo.

are you sure all the codes arnt just marked as pending or open or something,

they may need to be turned to active…I know its simple but have you checked

JOhn

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]are you sure all the codes arnt just marked as pending or open or something,

they may need to be turned to active…I know its simple but have you checked

JOhn[/quote]

All the promos that generate the coupon codes are set to hidden, but otherwise are working. I assume that is what you meant. Again these are auto-generated coupon codes not manually creates codes.

[quote name=‘jmottle’]

Has anyone used ALT-TEAM? I was considering using them to upgrade our stores and patch any broken plugins in the new year.[/quote]

Apparently Sno is, but he hasn’t posted any updates on the T-Shirt designer modification so I can’t say honestly.

J.

mottle - can you provide a screen shot of the admin page showing a few of the coupon codes?

I’d like to see a screenshot of a few coupon entries in the database