5000+ products import problem

When I try to do a “big import”, it stucks. So I should split my 8mb csv file to 10 or more files, then hope that import will be completed succesfully. I tried it on 2 different servers and problem is the same. Any ideas why?

Screenshots are attached.

stuck_2.jpg

stuck.jpg

Splitting it into 2 should work. It all depends on your server config. 8mb is the norm for max upload.

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]Splitting it into 2 should work. It all depends on your server config. 8mb is the norm for max upload.[/QUOTE]

problem persist even if I try to import 200kb file. I also use server location, not uploading it thru http.

You may need to edit your config. Your PHP info will tell you your current settings.

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]You may need to edit your config. Your PHP info will tell you your current settings.[/QUOTE]

@ini_set(‘memory_limit’, ‘256M’);

@set_time_limit(7200);

I overlooked your images the first time but now I am thinking it has something to do with the software due to the unusual queries on the database.

What version are you using? I haven’t tried the newest versions but the earlier versions of 2.x had serious problems with importing. I haven’t seen too many members complain lately so I am assuming they have it worked out.?

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]I overlooked your images the first time but now I am thinking it has something to do with the software due to the unusual queries on the database.

What version are you using? I haven’t tried the newest versions but the earlier versions of 2.x had serious problems with importing. I haven’t seen too many members complain lately so I am assuming they have it worked out.?[/QUOTE]

CS-Cart v.2.0.8

[quote name=‘benrose’]@ini_set(‘memory_limit’, ‘256M’);

@set_time_limit(7200);[/QUOTE]

If you have access to etc/my.cnf file for MySQL, take a look at these settings if they are there

wait_timeout=

connect_timeout=

Adjust them both to the same values. You do not want to get to high…10 - 20 should be fine, however it may need to be as high as 60 before your import will work.

restart mysql

/etc/init.d/mysql restart

[quote name=‘D-Litz’]If you have access to etc/my.cnf file for MySQL, take a look at these settings if they are there

wait_timeout=

connect_timeout=

Adjust them both to the same values. You do not want to get to high…10 - 20 should be fine, however it may need to be as high as 60 before your import will work.

restart mysql

/etc/init.d/mysql restart[/QUOTE]

These values effect all customers on the server and we are unable to adjust them at this time. I show that they are already set to 20 or better. If you need a customer my.cnf you may want to consider one of our dedicated services. Please let me know if I can assist you with anything else.

HostGator Shared Hosting

[quote name=‘benrose’]These values effect all customers on the server and we are unable to adjust them at this time. I show that they are already set to 20 or better. If you need a customer my.cnf you may want to consider one of our dedicated services. Please let me know if I can assist you with anything else.

HostGator Shared Hosting[/QUOTE]

I am aware these settings effect all customers, I just assumed you where on a VPS or dedicated server already…I see from your signature that you are on Host Gator Shared…

I do not need anything, I own my own hosting company with lots of dedicated servers already…thanks for offering though.

[quote name=‘D-Litz’]I am aware these settings effect all customers, I just assumed you where on a VPS or dedicated server already…I see from your signature that you are on Host Gator Shared…

I do not need anything, I own my own hosting company with lots of dedicated servers already…thanks for offering though.[/QUOTE]

I got me wrong. I quoted my hosting words about this issue.

[quote name=‘benrose’]I got me wrong. I quoted my hosting words about this issue.[/QUOTE]

Oh…my apologies

Have a great day…