5000+ Categories setting POS automatically?

I just imported over 5000 categories and they are not in alphabetical order as they were in my CSV. I assume it was from delays or lag in the server while importing. Is there anyway to set the POS number by CSV? Any suggestions on getting this done some how automated would be appreciated

Please vote this Category import/export option up if you can spare a vote or two

Thanks

Hopefully you have a hefty server to handle that many cats …I know it used to lag when it was over 1000.

While I dont have the script you need, if you have access to the database or know some mysql, you’ll need to go into cscart_categories table and change the sort order to 0 (zero) then the categories will all sort alphabetically.

Hope that helps, or someone can provide the mysql command to set them all to zero for you.

Hopefully you have a hefty server to handle that many cats …I know it used to lag when it was over 1000.

While I dont have the script you need, if you have access to the database or know some mysql, you’ll need to go into cscart_categories table and change the values in the “position” table to 0 (zero) then the categories will all sort alphabetically.

Hope that helps, or someone can provide the mysql command to set them all to zero for you.

[quote name=‘panag’]I just imported over 5000 categories and they are not in alphabetical order as they were in my CSV. I assume it was from delays or lag in the server while importing. Is there anyway to set the POS number by CSV? Any suggestions on getting this done some how automated would be appreciated

Please vote this Category import/export option up if you can spare a vote or two

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Hi,

Are you working on developing of this addon or use a ready-made addon?

Regards,

Jake

[quote name=‘Coding Staff’]Hi,

Are you working on developing of this addon or use a ready-made addon?

Regards,

Jake[/QUOTE]

No I am not working on this addon I would hope CS-cart makes categories like this by default, so we can import and create them meta tags seo url and all other fields as well as ads pagination because loading 5000+ categories on one page takes some time in the backend. Frontend works fine. I’ll try setting the sort order to zero I had looked in the categories table but realized it listed even sub categories and wasn’t sure how it would affect them.

HI,

I have the same problem and I can’t find the “sort order” in the cscart_categories.

there’s another way to do it or I should got this “sort order”

tks