5% Discount for all registered customers

Hi guys,

Any ideas how to let anyone who registers either forever or for a limited number of customers (or time) have 5% off (or any amount) off anything bought?

Help is much appreciated…

Thanks

Please help!

Thanks guys…

Although this is a good idea, it would take some “custom” coding to accomplish this as I know of no way for CS-CART to do this “out-of-box”.

I think this might work, but it is a bit tedious.

You could setup a membership.

Create membership and call it something like “PreviousCustomers” and add all your current customers to this membership.

Now you can set up a “Promotion” to 1st time buyers that would give 5% OFF to any products you want and make one of the conditions “Not a Member”…

Now when ever anyone purchases on your website that is not in the “PreviousCustomers” membership (or they are “Not a Member”) they will get the discount.

Then after they buy for the first time you add them to the “PreviousCustomers” membership.

I haven’t tried this but I believe the “logic” should work.

Thank you for the suggestion, but i’d really like it to be automatic, so if someone browses on the site then decides to buy something I don’t have to manually add them to a membership scheme…

Should I ask someone to write the code for me? (although i really can’t afford this at this time!!)

Thanks in advanced.

[QUOTE]Should I ask someone to write the code for me? (although i really can’t afford this at this time!!)[/QUOTE]

I think the only way to “automate” is to find someone who would and could do it, although you’ve really answered your own question. If you can’t afford to have it done, then I would assume you can’t do it.

Maybe think of other promotions that are within the scope of your shopping cart and won’t put an unnecessary strain on your budget.

[quote name=‘SEEINGISBUYING’]Hi guys,

Any ideas how to let anyone who registers either forever or for a limited number of customers (or time) have 5% off (or any amount) off anything bought?

Help is much appreciated…

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I think in something similar.

But in my case, I want that NEW COSTUMERS can have a discount like a bonus. For example: U$ 5.00 for a NEW COSTUMER that make the FIRST buy over U$ 50.00 (for example).

Example:

You sign in like a new costumer. So, if you make your first buy, you will have a discount if you buy by money or bank transfers (or all payments methods).

In my case, I think it will be better if the process will not be by a AUTOMATED system.

Why?

Because we really need to know if the person will make the payment by a kind of payment method that we want and we need to know (by docs) that he is really a NEW COSTUMER and not a older one that want to have another “discount” in the system.

Maybe if you have more than 10 payments (invoices) by day, it will not be very good to do it manually. But in all cases, you will need to be sure you are not a fraud victm from your own system.

Actually,

I was planning on giving them a 5% discount forever. Does that make it simpler? I thought i cracked it in the discount section, but it didn’t work.

Thanks for your help in advanced…

It doesn’t really make it any “simpler” since in order to do exactly what you want to do you would need some custom code.

If you don’t go that route…all new registered customers can be put into another “Membership” which you could name something like “Members5”.

Set a 5% discount on this Membership and move all new registered customers to this after their initial purchase. From then on they will be a Member of the 5% OFF club.

[quote name=‘WebGuy’]It doesn’t really make it any “simpler” since in order to do exactly what you want to do you would need some custom code.

If you don’t go that route…all new registered customers can be put into another “Membership” which you could name something like “Members5”.

Set a 5% discount on this Membership and move all new registered customers to this after their initial purchase. From then on they will be a Member of the 5% OFF club.[/QUOTE]

In my case, I don’t know where I can find the LAST people that registered in my website (maybe my 2006 version is to old).

If I need to do it every day by hands, I think I could lose some users.

But, in your case, why don’t you giver a CUPOM code to people with 5% of discount?

Because if you do it, people will need to register to use the cupom code. I think it is much more simple and the person will believe it is having a good reason to buy in your website (a discount cupom).

Yeppers that is a good idea.