404 on all categories and product pages

I have site that needs to re-launch asap and I’m stuck on some 404 errors for the categories and products. We moved the site from one domain to another on the same server and upgraded the site several stages. We’re still in the process of fixing the styles and such but the major issue is the 404 pages. Here’s what we have so far.

unfortunately it’s in dev mode so I can’t give out the key to just anyone. I’m looking for someone to tell me what the difference is between the two links below for the most part.

I have disabled the SEO addon and my mod_rewrite rules for the htaccess file. Im still getting the errors and need to know why. Can you please explain why

/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=10

works and this doesn’t:

/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=172

Also, I can’t even view the categories or the individual products from the admin panel. Even the preview gives me a 404 page.

Any help or direction to an article that will help is much appreciated. I’ve been all over this place and Google for 3 days now and trying to get my support ticket answered is like pulling teeth. Thanks everyone!

1. Check that mod_rewrite is installed and enabled on your server
  2. Ensure that you have the .htaccess file intact in the root folder of your cscart installation

( If you copied the cscart files using a file browser like cPanel, you may have missed the .htaccess file if you forgot to check the “Show hidden dot files” checkbox)

Definitely seems like its a rewrite issue…