404 not found on index.php after fresh install trial Ultimate Edition

Today I installed the trial version of the ultimate edition. Everything went well. The admin interface is working, but anytime I try to load index.php (the normal storefront), I get a 404 not found error. I can't find any errors in the logs so I am kind of stuck.

If I replace the index.php by a short debug message it seems to work, so PHP seems to be work fine.

Any tips?

Hello willowisp,

Thank you for your message.

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue. It requires the examination on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide temporary access to your server by clicking on the Add record link on the Access information page of your Help Desk account so that we could examine the issue.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Hi,

I don't have a customer help desk account (I'm a trial user). How do I get one?

Also, I'm running CS-Cart locally in a freshly installed Ubuntu VM, so it's not available via the internet. What things do you want to know about the server?

Kind regards

Hello willowisp,

Thank you for the reply.

I need to check not the server itself, but your CS-Cart installation files first. It is difficult to say what exactly causes this issue. As for me, it seems that some files of your CS-Cart installation are missing or have incorrect permissions. Namely, you can check the following files:

controllers/customer/index.php (should have 644 permissions)

skins/basic/customer/index.tpl (should have 777 permissions)

Please check these files. If there are no problems with them, I suggest that you should reinstall CS-Cart from scratch and check the result.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Hi Pavel,

I checked:

controllers/customer/index.php is 644 permission

skins/basic/customer/index.tpl does not exist

I did a fresh re-install to (hopefully) fix the problem, but after reinstall the situation is the same (I set skins directory to permission 777).

If I do a manual copy of content from stores/1/skins to skins directory index.php does load but some of the sample category pages fail again.

Any tips?

Kind regards

Hello willowisp,

Thank you for the reply.

I am sorry for the confusing answer. I missed the fact that you use CS-Cart Ultimate Edition. So you should search for the stores/1/skins/basic/customer/index.tpl file instead of the skins/basic/customer/index.tpl one.

If this does not help you as well, the only thing that I can suggest is checking the PHP error logs and Apache error logs on your server. Maybe you will find some useful detailed information regarding this error in these logs.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team