4 Locations For New Zealand

Here in New Zealand we have 2 main Islands North Island and South Island.

We are located on the North Island.

We need to set up a location for North Island and for South Island as the courier charges are different.

However we also have many location that are classed by the courier companies as rural and an additional rural charge applies.

I would like to set up 4 locations with the following charges

North Island Urban $5.50

North Island Rural $5.50 + $5.00 rural charge = $10.50

South Island Urban $9.50

South Island Rural $9.50 + $5.00 rural charge = $14.50

I managed to set up different charges for North and South Island Urban. How can I charge for the Rural charge

How can this be achieved?

We need to set up a location for North Island and for South Island as the courier charges are different.

However we also have many location that are classed by the courier companies as rural and an additional rural charge applies.

North Island Urban $5.50

South Island Urban $9.50

I managed to set up different charges for North and South Island Urban. How can I charge for the Rural charge

You can limit locations by certain cities or ZIP codes. Please find the instructions here: http://docs.cs-cart.com/4.3.x/user_guide/shipping_and_taxes/locations/location_attributes.html.

Thank you

Unfortunately there are about 700 non-sequential post codes and they are within the urban post codes and such as;

1234, 1246, 1256, and so on might be the Rural post codes and the numbers between are the Urban post codes. Can I paste all these codes into the ZIP code field?

Thank you

Unfortunately there are about 700 non-sequential post codes and they are within the urban post codes and such as;

1234, 1246, 1256, and so on might be the Rural post codes and the numbers between are the Urban post codes. Can I paste all these codes into the ZIP code field?

If all post codes start with the same numbers you can input a mask to the ZIP code field. For instance, 12*. You can also paste your codes but note that they should be separated a paragraph break.

Hi

Yes pasting with paragraph break works. However it only the first 7 post codes were saved and I need to enter about 400.

Can I increase the size in the data base field or any other way?

Another question, the location name does not show in the shipping option at checkout just the correct price is shown. It would be good if the location name was also show so the customer can see why the freight charge is different.

Hi

Yes pasting with paragraph break works. However it only the first 7 post codes were saved and I need to enter about 400.

Can I increase the size in the data base field or any other way?

Please check the value of the max_input_vars PHP directive and increase it to 10000 if necessary.

Another question, the location name does not show in the shipping option at checkout just the correct price is shown. It would be good if the location name was also show so the customer can see why the freight charge is different.

Some custom code modifications are required in this case.

Hi stefhorn

did you figure out an easy way to do this ??? I'm looking at inserting all the post codes at the moment

I've just purchased cs-cart multivendor. and help advice regarding NZ would be appreciated

Carolyn (NZ)

North Island Urban $5.50

South Island Urban $9.50