301 Redirect

I want to move a oscommerce site to cs cart. I currently have 25k in indexed pages. I am not very good at any of this so I probably won't be able to do what ever gets suggested by myself but with some answers I have some place to start. Does there have to be a 301 redirect for each and every url that I have on my site? If so is there a easy way of doing this? If not anyone have any experience how to notify google that the old pages are gone? anyone have any experience how long it takes for google to take pages down and re-index? Sorry if this seems like dumb questions.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

[quote name=‘Slightly_Bent_Halo’ timestamp=‘1309286371’ post=‘115894’]

I want to move a oscommerce site to cs cart. I currently have 25k in indexed pages. I am not very good at any of this so I probably won’t be able to do what ever gets suggested by myself but with some answers I have some place to start. Does there have to be a 301 redirect for each and every url that I have on my site? If so is there a easy way of doing this? If not anyone have any experience how to notify google that the old pages are gone? anyone have any experience how long it takes for google to take pages down and re-index? Sorry if this seems like dumb questions.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

[/quote]

If you’re not switching domains, you could configure CS-cart so that it uses the same URL’s as your old webshop.

This seems like the easiest solution (but it’s 23:00 and I’m tired. So correct me if I’m wrong ;))

[quote name=‘Flow’ timestamp=‘1309292985’ post=‘115898’]

If you’re not switching domains, you could configure CS-cart so that it uses the same URL’s as your old webshop.

This seems like the easiest solution (but it’s 23:00 and I’m tired. So correct me if I’m wrong ;))

[/quote]

Thank You for your response, and what is sad is it is only 16:42 here and I feel like it is 23:00 hours. I am not switching domains I cant take the problems with oscommerce anymore so I need to just move my shop. I am not sure how to configure CS-cart to use the same urls but I will try to investigate more. If you have any direction to point me in that would be great (you don’t have to right now, I need to make this move over the next few weeks).

Again thanks for you thoughts.

[quote name='Slightly_Bent_Halo' timestamp='1309293925' post='115900']

Thank You for your response, and what is sad is it is only 16:42 here and I feel like it is 23:00 hours. I am not switching domains I cant take the problems with oscommerce anymore so I need to just move my shop. I am not sure how to configure CS-cart to use the same urls but I will try to investigate more. If you have any direction to point me in that would be great (you don't have to right now, I need to make this move over the next few weeks).

Again thanks for you thoughts.

[/quote]

It depends a bit on your current shop. If the links are SEO friendly (for example: domain.com/category/subcategory/product it won't be very hard to do at all. Just make sure you name everything the same.

Anyway, there are people on the forum that are much better with this then me. I am sure it can be done though.

The best way I have found to do this is to use the Cart2Cart migration tool. Then create a SQL script or PHP script to copy/replace all the METADATA in CS-Cart. That way you don't have to worry about 301 redirects if the URL structure is the same.