301 Redirect List of Default Links to SEO Links

I feel strange because this topic up years later. BUT way back with CS-Cart v2 I had URS like:

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]/index.php?target=news&news_id=22#22[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]When I updated my cart to use SEO-friendly URLS, my new link would be [/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]http://mysite.com/index.php?dispatch=news.list[/size][/font][/color]

At the time of the new CS-Cart, I had literally 200 links and did not want them all to show up 404, so I had CS-Cart create me special file full of 301 redirects. It worked. Well, long story short years later after having to update CS-Cart and change servers, I lost whatever file they installed.

Now, Google is trying to look for a large number of old links on my site like [color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]http://mysite[/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4].com/[/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]index.php?target=news&news_id=22#22 that are basically backlinks on other sites and they are getting a 404 error.[/size][/font][/color]

[font=“Arial”][color=“#000000”][size=4]Is there an easy way to submit a 301 redirect list using CS-Cart? I have tried every possible htacess redirect and rewrite rule that I can think of and it honors none of them. Somebody else told me that [/size][/color][/font][font=Arial]there is no mechanism to create existing 301 redirects without doing a direct DB update. The said that direct dc update [/font][font=Arial]tracks changes you make to seo names in your admin panel and provides redirects to the old names if they are referenced.[/font]

[font=Arial]Can somebody clearlify this? What is a database update? I guess a database refers to “sql database” and I have heard of “SQL links” or generated links which I am assuming something like [/font][color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]http://mysite[/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4].com/[/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]/index.php?target=news&news_id=22#22 is.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]Still, how do I access database or add to it, to make 301 redirects work? Like I said, I have a ton of URL not found errors and 404 soft errors because a lot of these old links, some not SEO friendly and some SEO friendly that Google can not see.[/size][/font][/color]

The OP kind of got it wrong in their description. They asked me about my SEO History addon. I told them it would track new changes via the admin panel to his product, category, etc. seo names but that it would not do old redirects that the addon doesn't know about.

T o be able to automatically redirect via the addon he would have to identify the type and id of the requests and do a manual update of the seo_history table (specific to the seo_history addon). So he's kind of mixing and matching information. My response was ONLY related to the seo_history addon that I sell and NOT related to standard cs-cart functionality.