301 Redirect Help Please!

I am trying to plan how I will redirect my crazy urls from my current shopping cart to the new CS-Cart urls when we go live with CSC. Anyone have any tips or ideas?

I wrote a complete custom script that imported all my categories and products from our ERP Software into CSC. It added a new field called importid that allows me to relate back the CSC records to the original records in my ERP Database when required.

Here is what my current Category URL looks like. (Note the categoryid is a field i added to the category tables in CSC and called importid so I can refer to my categories by their original categoryid when i need to make any calls to the database).

[b]http://www.domain.com/seo-keyboard/seo-keyword_categoryid.html[/b]

My product url looks like (Note the productid is a field i added to the products tables in CSC and called importid so I can refer to my products by their original categoryid when i need to make any calls to the database.

[b]http://www.domain.com/seo-keyword/productid.html[/b]

One solution I came up with was add all my current htaccess rules and write a custom php script would handle them that looks up the record in CSC database and redirects to the appropriate page with a 301 redirect. It would be nice to do this just using .htaccess but I'm not sure its possible.

I also was wondering exploring creating this redirect as a CSC Add On but I'm not sure what function I could use to do this or if its even possible.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

What system are you coming from? If it is OSCommerce, I might be able to help you. I've recently done a couple of OSCommerce moves and have gotten pretty good with the whole redirect thing.

Also, CS-Cart is great for exporting product URLs, but it doesn't export category URLs. I also have a solution for that.

PM me if you want and maybe I can help. Of course, if it is something different, I might not be able to help, but I'm willing to take a look at it and see what I can do.

Thanks,

Brandon

Brandon

Thanks it's not osc it's a custom script I built. But any tips you can provide would be great.

Such as is there a function to get category seo urls or any other tips that might help.