3.0.5 Upgrade - SEO Addon Glitch

Not so much a glitch, as such, but an anomoly that those upgrading need to be aware of. I undertook the upgrade from 3.0.4 to 3.0.5 last night and all seemed well… tested and all fine.

Today, whilst browsing the site using manual links I have added in HTML blocks, they went to 404's. On closer inspection the upgrade had cause the SEO addon to reset to the default settings.

Whereas I had products set at category_name/productname.html it had reset it to just productname.html - removing the category out of the path.

It had also changed content pages to be /pagename/ instead of pagename.html

Thankfully it has only been like that for 12 hours and I have simply corrected the SEO settings back to how they where… and I cant forsee this would have caused any lasting damage.

BUT… because it is not easily noticed because the site in funtioning fine, it may be something that people do not pick up on when upgrading and find it having MASSIVE impact on SEO with an influx of 404's being received.

Hello lwronline,

Thank you for your message.

I am really sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue and glad to know that you managed to resolve it. We have tried to perform the upgrade of our local CS-Cart installations from version 3.0.4 to version 3.0.5 and, unfortunately, failed to reproduce this problem. I would like to ask you to contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide temporary access to your server by clicking on the Add record link on the Access information page of your Help Desk account so that we could get a copy of your store (including the database backup) with your permissions and test the upgrade with using it.

Thank you in advance.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team