3.0.4 Pro - Error Message And How To Fix It?

I recently install cs-cart on a new hosting. I found this error msgs appearing in some of the pages and also when I try to add filter.

Warning: Illegal string offset 'feature_type' in/home/icasesco/public_html/var/cache/templates/admin/%%1A^1A7^1A715EEB%%update.tpl.php on line 47

Warning: Illegal string offset 'field_type' in /home/icasesco/public_html/var/cache/templates/admin/%%1A^1A7^1A715EEB%%update.tpl.php on line 47

Warning: Illegal string offset 'show_on_home_page' in/home/icasesco/public_html/var/cache/templates/admin/%%1A^1A7^1A715EEB%%update.tpl.php on line 88

Could someone help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

cs1.jpg

cs2.jpg

Clear your cache

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’ timestamp=‘1404362667’ post=‘186870’]

Clear your cache

[/quote]

I did but nothing happened.

:-(

If the filename is the same after clearing the cache then you have permission/ownership issues on your site that are preventing the cache from actually getting cleared. Suggest you manually delete the contents of the var/cache directory.

dear [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]tbirnseth,[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]Thank you for your help.[/size][/font][/color]

[font=“arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif”][color=“#282828”][size=3]I tried to delete all files within the cached folder but still get the same errors :-([/size][/color][/font]

Are the filenames the same? This has classic symptoms of a cache created on one system and running on another. Please repost (cut/paste) the error.

this is the error appear in the front end:

Warning: Illegal string offset 'category_id' in/home/icasesco/public_html/var/cache/templates/customer/%%FB^FBE^FBEE8D2B%%view.tpl.php on line70

this is in the administration:

[list]

[*]

Warning: Illegal string offset 'feature_type' in/home/icasesco/public_html/var/cache/templates/admin/%%1A^1A7^1A715EEB%%update.tpl.php on line 47

Warning: Illegal string offset 'field_type' in /home/icasesco/public_html/var/cache/templates/admin/%%1A^1A7^1A715EEB%%update.tpl.php on line 47

Warning: Illegal string offset 'show_on_home_page' in/home/icasesco/public_html/var/cache/templates/admin/%%1A^1A7^1A715EEB%%update.tpl.php on line 88

checked=“checked” value=“Y” class=“checkbox” />

I would say they are the same as before I cleared the cache.

[/list]

Note that the file names are the same for the admin as you originally posted. When the cache is cleared, the filenames should be unique. I.e. a cached file will have a different prefix (all the numbers and characters that look like jibberish). So I'm still representing that you have not cleared the cache and it is because of permission issues on your new host (files retain ownership of previous host).

If you are clearing by FTP or the URL it will probably fail and may do so silently.

Suggest you contact your host and have them ensure that all your files in your site are owned by the appropriate owner/group and then clear the cache again ([your_domain_admin.php]?cc).

thank you I'll contact the hosting provider now. Hopefully it will be ok.

Thanks.

I contacted the web hosting service and they reset all the [color=#000000]permissions. I also cleared the cache and the same error came up. I’am really lost now. :-([/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Warning: Illegal string offset ‘category_id’ in/home/icasesco/public_html/var/cache/templates/customer/%%FB^FBE^FBEE8D2B%%view.tpl.php on line70[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana,]Warning: Illegal string offset ‘feature_type’ in/home/icasesco/public_html/var/cache/templates/admin/%%1A^1A7^1A715EEB%%update.tpl.php on line 47[/font][/color]

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘field_type’ in /home/icasesco/public_html/var/cache/templates/admin/%%1A^1A7^1A715EEB%%update.tpl.php on line 47

Note that [quote]/%%1A^1A7^1A715EEB%%update.tpl.php on line 47[/quote] is the exact fillename before and after. Hence your cache is NOT being cleared.

What are other options that I can use to clear the cache? I deleted the file from the var folder and through the admin url. Still got the problem. :-( If you want to have a closer look I can send you the address and login details for the admin.

Thanks.

is re-install the cart a good option?

No need to re-install the cart. I guess the question (and sorry if it may seem obvious) is HOW did you remove the var/cache folder? FTP, SSH, cPanel File Manager? One thing you can do is to look at the file via cPanel file manager or SSH and identify the modification time. It is at (or after) the time you deleted the file, then I'm wrong on the filename creation being unique (but I don't think so). If not, then you are not getting the file(s) removed.

At first I used the ftp client to delete the cache files. I also tried to delete the files in the cpanel. The modification time was exactly at time of the deletion. I don't know how to use SSH so this option is no use for me.

I'm out of ideas…

thank you for your help. I will try to re-intall it now. If same thing happened I might have to contact support. :-)