2Checkout Approved Url Doesn't Take User To Order Successful Page

I set up the 2checkout payment option following the instructions. In the approved url of the 2checkout configuration I entered

http://www..com/index.php?dispatch=payment_notification.notify&payment=2checkout

as directed by the configuration page. However, when the order is successfully finished, the user returns to the home page and doesn’t see any thank you, or order successful page.

How can I try to debug this? Any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance,

George

Did you find a fix for this? I am having the same problem and it's causing customers to submit duplicate orders sometimes as there isn't a confirmation page. Not sure if it is related but I'm also having numerous approved orders come through as incompleted. Never had any of these issues with 2.0.11. Support ticket has been submitted but wondering if I could find a fix on the forum faster.

[quote name='IsItFast' timestamp='1310239918' post='116724']

Did you find a fix for this? I am having the same problem and it's causing customers to submit duplicate orders sometimes as there isn't a confirmation page. Not sure if it is related but I'm also having numerous approved orders come through as incompleted. Never had any of these issues with 2.0.11. Support ticket has been submitted but wondering if I could find a fix on the forum faster.

[/quote]

No, haven't found a solution and haven't investigated it yet. Please share any information that you get.

[quote name='kounenis' timestamp='1310259653' post='116745']

No, haven't found a solution and haven't investigated it yet. Please share any information that you get.

[/quote]

I haven't found a solution for me yet but I did have this problem in the past with 2.0.11 when I first started using SSL. If you are using a secure server and the settings within CS are checked to reflect this, you need to make sure the “Approved URL” with your 2checkout backend starts with https not the http that it says in the manual. Or vise versa…essentially everything needs to be either secure or not secure. This fixed the problem for me last year.

Unfortunately I've tried every combination and it doesn't seem to be fixing it within 2.1.4 for me this time.

UPDATE:

After hours of trying all different combinations today I found a solution (I hope) that works. Within the 2checkout backend in the “Direct Return” section, do NOT use the “Immediately returned to my website option”. This is the one I've always used in the past but now it is the only one that will give you major problems. Instead, use the “Header Redirect (Your URL)” and things work as they should.

CS manual says you should use the “Given links back to my website” but I do NOT recommend that one either. The reason being is the customer is given the option to go back to your site after payment is made or not visit your site. If they do not click the link to take them back to your site the order is approved but is marked as “incompleted” within the CS backend. It will be set to approved (or whatever status you have set up for fraud review) ONLY if they click the link that takes them back to your site.

Hopefully this will help others out as this has been driving me nuts for the past few weeks.