2.1.3 SERIOUS BUG - Upgrade process flawed

I decided to run the upgrade script from 2.1.2 to 2.1.3 - everything worked well, except for one thing.

I decided to delete backup files from a previous upgrade install so that I would have to keep scrolling down the page.

I decided to delete the backup set from 2.1.0 to 2.1.1


It came back to me with a nice error message saying that no list of upgrade backup files were available.

This of course includes the NEW set of upgrade files. Ones with custom work that I had not had a chance to fix yet because that was my next step!

I don’t think I need to tell anyone how infuriating this is. I am going to try to recover the deleted folder on the server but this is a terrible flaw in the upgrade center and needs to be fixed pronto.

I have a very long afternoon ahead of me because of this bug.

I had this happen too (makes it impossible to diff changes then). I thought I selected the wrong thing and since it was just a test store, I just wrote it off.

Definitely a BAD bug. Hope you had a backup of your store. If so, restore the var/upgrade directory and the old history should be back.

Oddly enough, I didn’t. I had to diff comp my 2.1.1 backup to vanilla 2.1.1, then do a diff comp of vanilla 2.1.1 with vanilla 2.1.3 to see what files were changed, then use that to hunt down the culprits. That became easier when I could see the ‘last modified’ dates though on the server.

'Twas a wasted afternoon, but it IS a significant bug if you are in the middle of updating and happen to delete all the files. Once the process is done I suppose it isn’t that big of a deal.