2.1.0 to 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 caching issue and design conflicts

Greetings,

After experiencing caching problems with 2.1.0 and getting some great advice from other forum members, I just moved over to 2.1.2.

To keep my design from breaking I had to revert back to the following files and make minor modifications to others. Will this negate the benefits gained by moving to 2.1.2?

Changes Made:

skins/basic/customer/top_quick_links.tpl reverted back to old file

skins/basic/customer/styles_ie.css reverted back to old file

skins/basic/customer/main.tpl reverted back to old file

skins/basic/customer/index.tpl revert red script deletes and

, did not revert common_templates/notification.tpl

skins/basic/customer/top.tpl reverted back to old file

skins/basic/customer/styles.css reverted back to old file

skins/basic/customer/styles.base.css reverted back to old file

var/skins_repository/base/customer/styles_ie.css reverted back to old file

var/skins_repository/base/customer/styles.css reverted back to old file

var/skins_repository/base/customer/styles.base.css reverted back to old file

The new site is up and running on a test site now, [URL=“http://www.testwebonline.com/harrison/”]http://www.testwebonline.com/harrison/[/URL]

Should have just used the comparison feature and made your changes. Since those files are listed, there are changes other than the ones you made previously.

I looked at the comparison files and many of the id’s I was using were totally wiped out and moved to other tpl files. This wrecked havoc on my styling.

I noticed that the bread crumbs moved, the quick links went from an

to a

, and a few other odds and ends.

I will need to resolve these issues before going to 2.1.3.

In the mean time I wan to make sure the caching issue I was experiencing is fixed. Does anyone know what files resolved that issues?

Was your caching issue related to templates or the registry? If I recall, your issue was the template cache problems in the 2.1.0 release. Nothing you’ve listed will have any impact on those improvements.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Was your caching issue related to templates or the registry? If I recall, your issue was the template cache problems in the 2.1.0 release. Nothing you’ve listed will have any impact on those improvements.[/QUOTE]

Great, if 2.1.2 solves the cache problems I will be a happy camper.

I have completed the upgrade on our live site to 2.1.2, but I am no longer getting the pop up options (continue shopping or checkout) when I click add to cart.

Customer also no longer get a notification when they have qualified for a discount/promotion.

Any thoughts?

Make sure you clear your browser cache too. Those are both javascript functions and it could be that your browser has the older versions cached and they are not compatibile with current. Just a thought.

I am battling with not getting continue to checkout popup either, and have been since 2.1.2 and am on 2.1.4 now. On the same server on a different location I have a fresh install 2.1.4 and they work (as well as the prob below working) so it can’t be a server issue. I’ve tried replacing all the core, lib, js, and skin files from the fresh 2.1.4 with the ones on the upgraded 2.1.4 but no luck.

Also can’t get the “thank you for sending us your request” type message that is supposed to appear after you send a contact-us form. The form works but after the user submits it they are given no success message, just a blank space where the form used to be.

Check your php error_log for errors (this is ajax so it runs in the background).

Also check your browser’s error console to ensure you don’t have any javascript errors from replacing your template files. Many times there is embedded JS in the templates.

Hi tbirnseth,

I’ve checked PHP error logs, the cs-cart error logs, nothing. I’m looking at the code in a browser-and it exists…it’s just not showing up? It says javascript: false

Not sure what’s going on yet

I’ve found a solution,

But I’m not sure if it’s the same problem as this threads originator so I’m going to post it on my thread:

[URL=“http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?p=109791#post109791”]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?p=109791#post109791[/URL]