2.0.9 Thank you note

Let me be the first again

THANK YOU CS PEOPLE FOR 2.0.9. GOOD JOB!

You didnt have any problems upgrading? Sounds good!

Only because I decided to create a new skin based on CARS skin and then copied that one to another directory. I decided to revert back to BASIC skin, performed the upgrade [100% OK], cleared the template cache and that was it.

My custom skin was upgraded manually and works ok.

Hey Noman,

I’m confused, can you provide some more details on how you performed the upgrade?

Thanks,

Jonah

I had a custom skin in a different than other skins folder.

1. Close your shop and BACKUP EVERYTHING!!!
  2. Revert back to BASIC skin
  3. Go to Upgrade Centre and start the process
  4. When done, check for problems on the list
  5. Clear template cache http://…index?&cc
  6. Check shop’s functionality while closed with access key store_access_key=???
  7. If all OK, revert back to your original skin and clear cache
  8. Check everything again on the frontpage.
  9. If problems found on your custom template, start dealing with it.

10.Check again, open your store.

Theres a link someone has posted what else to do.

Here it is:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=13837[/url]

Sweet! Thanks Noman. I’m definitely also going to create a branch in my SVN repository for another copy of my site and work on the upgrade their since I’ve made a lot of modifications :slight_smile:

Norman,

I do not trust automated scripts either to do an upgrade for me. I usually install the update on my local computer and FTP the files over to the real server. This way I am in control. I also compare the old database with the new one and manually make any changes with PHPMyadmin.

I also perform one extra step you are missing. You need to go through your custom skins and compare the files to the new ones. A lot of the new functionality will not work unless some new code is added to the tpl. I use Winmerge to compare files and add any new functionality code to my custom template tpls.

Have they updated the upgrade to 2.09 since lots of people are having issues?

Since 2.0.7 I do everything via Upgrade Center. Twice, and so far so good. No issues. Manual method is also good, but if Auto works I won’t bother. I don’t have much modifications in my skin except for some colours and CSS. No core touched - no pain.

Just curious, Norman, do you make use of memberships in your v2.0.8 store. Eg. having different membership levels and different pricings for different membership levels?

[quote name=‘nodame’]Just curious, Norman, do you make use of memberships in your v2.0.8 store. Eg. having different membership levels and different pricings for different membership levels?[/QUOTE]

Will start with 2.0.9. I have 3 categories of clients:

Standard

Installer

Distributor

I wonder how things work in this department. Different groups will have different discounts and if CS can make it the way I want it - I will kiss my cat in the bottom :wink:

[quote name=‘Noman’]Will start with 2.0.9. I have 3 categories of clients:

Standard

Installer

Distributor

I wonder how things work in this department. Different groups will have different discounts and if CS can make it the way I want it - I will kiss my cat in the bottom ;)[/QUOTE]

Poor cat…

[quote name=‘Noman’]Will start with 2.0.9. I have 3 categories of clients:

Standard

Installer

Distributor

I wonder how things work in this department. Different groups will have different discounts and if CS can make it the way I want it - I will kiss my cat in the bottom ;)[/QUOTE]

Lucky for you, you’ve decided to start with v2.0.9. ^^ That saved you loads of trouble since v2.0.9 upgrade BROKE all forms of customer/clients levels with different pricing set up in v2.0.8 and before…

Maybe you should ask cscart just to confirm that they are not going to change the user levels stuff again before attempting to start grouping your clients. Just in case they pull something funny like v2.0.9 upgrade again.

[quote name=‘Weccop’]You didnt have any problems upgrading? Sounds good![/QUOTE]

I had a few, but it seems its all about the cache and the html catalog. As soon as I turn SEO off for a while and purged all he temp files, caches and html catalog and turned it back on, it worked fine. Oh and I had to go through all my content pages and select “All” for user groups to get them to show up.

I asked to put a global reset, or a checklist of things you need to do. Most seem to know to clear these things, but many don’t like its an inside joke

I only had to talk to tech support a couple times, but I fixed them myself anyway by the time I got an anwer, but I’d rather for them to work on a bug fix instead…

I must say that I’m getting a fraction of the traffic before. I was getting about 450 visitors a day, since November 13, I’m getting 32. There’s something wrong with the html catalog / seo / user groups, all that stuff.

The upgrade works if you do all these things, but from a search engine point of view it don’t.

I tried to revert to 2.08 and it would not let me. I asked technical support and they said I didn’t install an upgrade, I installed the full version. So that begs the questions what about all the messages about 2.09 upgrades and 2.08 upgrades and 2.07 upgrades 2.06 upgrades…