2.0.3 to 2.0.4 on windows fails

We installed 2.0.3 on a windows server which has other 1.3.5 stores on it. Saw the ‘New Version’ announcement in the upper right corner and went ahead and clicked it to upgrade. Bad idea. Totally broke the front of the store. Backend works.

When you try to access the front of the store you just get an access denied message in the browser. Support says it is a permission issue. Since we can’t do 755 stuff we set all users to have full read/write/modify permissions. But no luck.

Finally copied all 2.0.3 files from our local develpoment server up to the real web server and now it works again. Don’t click on that upgrade button if you are running on a windows platfom.

Dang, I just ran into the exact same problem. :confused:

Is there a diff between .htaccess files?

I_USER rights reset for directories and files?

Delete all files in var/compiled?

I ended up just installing a fresh and new copy of 2.0.4 to overcome this problem…didn’t know how to get around it.

This is true!!!

After I upgraded, I got a welcome message, very friendly, no matter what I tried, it said: The store is closed!!!

[quote name=‘joe’]This is true!!!

After I upgraded, I got a welcome message, very friendly, no matter what I tried, it said: The store is closed!!![/QUOTE]

Actually, it sounds like you did it correctly. I think that it closes the store by default and you just have to reopen it. Did I tell you this too late?:frowning:

[quote name=‘CSCartSkins’]Actually, it sounds like you did it correctly. I think that it closes the store by default and you just have to reopen it. Did I tell you this too late?:([/QUOTE]

How to reopen it? I’ve tried every method. It should open after a successful upgrade, however, it’s not…

Thanks in advance.