2.0.12 upgrade thread

Because I cant sleep and I stumbled downstairs at 3am and saw 2.0.12 was out I upgraded my test server and had no issues.

My test server is a default install of 2.0.11 atm, and the only 3 files I had to review were styles.css, styles_ie.css and /images/tabs_bg.gif

I might do my live site when Im actually awake.

I am going to upgrade and if all goes well I’ll do my client’s sites. I always backup my skin directory before upgrading.

You guys are the best - you give me courage!

I would love to upgrade to 2.12

Standing by for more reports from you brave early adapters!

All went well with the upgrade and I repeat BACK UP YOUR SKIN DIRECTORY.

It looks like the Buy Together add on is working now.

I upgraded. Have little customization. No problems except custom skin/template was greatly impacted. Other than this, upgrade went smoothly.

My store is not a live functioning store, but if it were, I would have to upgrade on a test site, just to see what was impacted and fix it there. Don’t see how anyone can upgrade on a live site and then look to see what the impact is.

Bob

30 sec. to upgrade from .11 to .12 and 10min. to resolve conflicts in CSS. All good.

Rob and Bob,

Are you skin modifications done to one of the provided skins?

Like on my first site I started with the electro skin and made my modifications.

After noticing the last 2 patches that CS-Cart keeps modifying the damn style sheets of the provided skins I tried creating a custom skin folder this morning in the /var/skins_repository folder, loading that skin, then doing an upgrade to 2.0.12 and it didnt make any template changes.

Not sure if this is the right answer or not but its definitely how I plan to move forward so that I dont keep having my site jacked when I upgrade even when using hooks.

I take it that the new version has the Paypal maestro 3d secure is resoled?

Also does the upgrade effect anything in the DB or is it just core files?

Thanks

The changelog says you now have to change your password periodically in the new version. Is there a way to set or change this time period or even disable this feature. I do not mind setting a very strong password, but my clients are going to hate that it will keep changing on them.

By the way, the new Consultant skin is quite nice.

Yes it is possible Triplets

admin.php?dispatch=settings.manage§ion_id=Security

Tirade,

I have a skin from webgraphiq. I don’t have time to modify my own skins so I like to use skins/templates from someone else.

I expect I will get upgraded files soon.

How do you know in advance what is impacted by an upgrade? Are skins impacted for each upgrade or is there a way to protect skin changes? I guess some upgrades would have to impact the skins in some way, but maybe not all the time.

You can sort of tell what files may be impacted as you are about to upgrade. I did see the skin files in the list of files being changed, but not sure what was changed. Just know alot was changed, enough to make the site look terrible.

Bob

after upgrade to 2.0.12 all running good :slight_smile:

Bob,

When you look in your directory structure /skins/YOUR SKIN/customer

What is the name of the skin youre using where it says YOUR SKIN. Its possible you have more than 1 thing listed here (for example I use the Basic skin for the admin panel).

It will tell you advance which files will need to be reviewed after the upgrade so if you see some of your custom files will be changed you can hold off. Im trying to figure out a good work around this myself because even using hooks for modification doesnt help when they do a direct modify to styles.css

Im wondering if they only do a modify to styles.css if youre skin is named/based off one of the defult/provided skins.

[quote name=‘pbannette’]Tirade,

I have a skin from webgraphiq. I don’t have time to modify my own skins so I like to use skins/templates from someone else.

I expect I will get upgraded files soon.

How do you know in advance what is impacted by an upgrade? Are skins impacted for each upgrade or is there a way to protect skin changes? I guess some upgrades would have to impact the skins in some way, but maybe not all the time.

You can sort of tell what files may be impacted as you are about to upgrade. I did see the skin files in the list of files being changed, but not sure what was changed. Just know alot was changed, enough to make the site look terrible.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Triade,

I have a custom skin, will this upgrade effect the skin? If so is there a way to work around this.

[quote name=‘sh1nn3r’]Triade,

I have a custom skin, will this upgrade effect the skin? If so is there a way to work around this.[/quote]

Back up your skin then after the upgrade upload your css files, image directory and any tpl files you may have modified.

Very smooth, even lots of my skin mods stayed and work fine. I backed up first of course.

I’ve only found one error and that is one banners, when you click them, it does not redirect properly.

Robert

I only see one problem, when I notify the customer about a order it appears:

Warning: escapeshellcmd() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/portugal/public_html/lib/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php on line 605

Could not execute: /usr/sbin/sendmail

What we have to change?

[quote name=‘roban’]Back up your skin then after the upgrade upload your css files, image directory and any tpl files you may have modified.[/QUOTE]

Robert,

This would work of course but if CS-Cart adds new functionality, such as they did with the new “listing options” last patch, or if they add new box types which requires new CSS code, then replacing the .tpl and .css with your originals would break and/or limit the upgrade correct?

Obviously using hooks to modify your files is the best answer, but if cs-cart updates the CSS directly then what can you do?

For example, I used electro as my base template, then modified it and its now my custom template. CS-Cart thinks Im using the electro skin so during the upgrade it modified my styles.css and styles_ie.css because they made changes to those files in all of the provided skins. This obviously breaks a lot of things and while I can (and did) put my old css back it removes the code they added/changed to fix other things which did require the style sheet to be modified.

CS-Cart is obviously in a bad spot as they are required to fix every skin when they fix a problem so that out of the box installs work w/o an issue. I think they need to add the ability for you to flag the update and say “hey my skin is custom, so only add new code, dont change old code in CSS files”

I honestly dont know what the right answer is. All I know is now that Im redoing my current site to use hooks, Im starting from scratch and not using a provided skin as my base. Im not sure if this will matter or not.

For 2.0.12, can anyone confirm if they see the product review ratings on a product detail page, not the tab just stars up by the price? I don’t see it in the list of bug fixes for this version but they said it would be fixed in this version according to bugtracker.

Yes whip… i can confirm it. I see the stars above the price for example in the product “NEC MultiSync LCD1915X 19” you mean this? [url]Instant Demo - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Demo Try Free for 15 days

right?