Problems With "notify When Back In Stock" Feature

I am having a problem with the functionality of the “Notify when Back In Stock” Inventory Feature.

I believe I have everything set correctly but maybe I am missing something.

General Settings > Catalog > Enable Inventory Tracking - box ticked

Out of Stock Product Settings

General > Pricing/Inventory > In Stock > Set to 0

Zero price Action > Do not allow customers to add product to cart

Inventory > Track without Options

General > Availability > Out of Stock Actions > Sign Up for Notification

When I go in to test the “Notify me when this product is back in stock” notification appears correctly, but when I tick the box I keep getting the following message

ERROR: Oops, something went wrong (Not Found). Please try again.

Any help that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Kristi

The issue can be caused by the various reasons. Start from checking server error logs

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1429262772' post='211828']

The issue can be caused by the various reasons. Start from checking server error logs

[/quote]

Not even sure where to begin to do this. If it is not an easy fix I assume I will just need to disable this particular feature.

Thanks

Kristi

You can contact your server administrator and ask him to provide you with the error logs. Then public them here, we will try to find a solution

I have a different problem - the checkbox or whatever has to be there does not appear - I have “add to wishlist” link and thats all,

What I am doing wrong?

[color=#A4A4A4][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]

[color=#777777]#1[/color][/size][/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]

I believe I have everything set correctly but maybe I am missing something.

General Settings > Catalog > Enable Inventory Tracking - box ticked

Out of Stock Product Settings

General > Pricing/Inventory > In Stock > Set to 0

Zero price Action > Do not allow customers to add product to cart

Inventory > Track without Options

General > Availability > Out of Stock Actions > [color=red]Sign[/color] [color=red]Up[/color] [color=red]for[/color] Notification[/font][/color]

fresco, I have made the same settings on the demo store and it works:

Clip2Net — screen capture tool for Windows, Android, iPad, Mac, Linux

Please contact CS-Cart support team or hire someone from this forum to examine the issue

well, i suspect there is a switch i am not seeing - everything else works just fine.

similar to “store closed” checkbox that i could not find when i installed the shop about a year ago…

yep… found the problem - I had “allow negative amount in inventory” checkbox ticked…

[quote name='fresco' timestamp='1436899283' post='222935']

yep… found the problem - I had “allow negative amount in inventory” checkbox ticked…

[/quote]

Wow! Thank you for sharing this information