• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ive destroyed "All Brands" page. How to recover ? Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:26 AM #41

Thanks for your reply dear eComLabs. I will just keeping to ask you.

15. when editing a product, the Feature tab, you will see (Total items: 2886) feature in the demo. I am just trying to add some features, but it's extremely very hard. who will do one by one open all those links to find the feature they needs? who? why there not any search functionality to find a feature and assign it to the product? or it's just because of I am in the trial version? imagine if there will be 10k or 20k feature then? I am really can't understand this. Am I missing something? it's with the demo data. Or is this a bug? or it's developed like this? what is the best solution? what are website owners doing on this?

16. Filter: how to add a filter by vendor plan? like filter by gold/silver/free members? filtering by country/region,province/city?

17. 5k products on the demo, and I did add in to the website in 4 languages. then I did check the database, it's over 20K products on the products table(Original is 5k). I did check the scheme and I see that each products gets copied in the table for another language. for that reason, the products table has over 20k products. I do completely understand here. but, it's not optimized structure for best performance of the website. imagine like this; if you have 1million product, and many of them has different variations. let's say 10% of them has 6 colors variations. that means, 100k * 6 = 600k + 900k = 1.5 millions product on the table. then if your website has 10 language, that means 15 millions row of records on the table. if the user searches any products, it's the best for better performance to search on the 1 million records of record and it has to be like that. but currently, MySQL Server has to scan/search on 15 million of records. in this situation, if you search on Russian language anything, MySQL Server has to scan EN/JP/FR/DE/AR/TR or whatever language, For not reason it's extra work for the processor and RAM, HDD. because of this, your server response will be very slow. I know this is not a bug, but it's poor design of the structure of the system of multivendor or all CS-cart. as well, I see it's the same for many many tables on the cs-cart. what is the possibilities to make this change on multivendor? ask cs-cart to do so? I have seen long time ago on uservoice or something users votes to change, but not sure cs-cart still do some things?

18. currently I didn't check about this yet, but I would like to know about this. if someone starts grab copy of your entire website, let's say with special software or script, does the multivendor has any filter on this? for example userIP can get this much of page per second/minute? this is also very important for security that if from many side do the same thing, server can crash/freeze. isn't? maybe from server side can be controlled, I am not sure about this. I am just asking about the cs-cart system on this.

19. API part, I did test to get some data, it's good. but not tested deeply yet, because of time. I would like to ask, if vendor has the permission for some actions, does the API works with the same permission or not?

20. I have seen on this forums that some website owners use in the url a product ID. for example /laptops/123-acer-abcd-17-inch.html. how to make the url like that? put the 123 on the url? I think this is better, because if user makes identical product name, it's ok. so, the vendors more like that, because of they got what they wanted.

Thanks for your reply in advance.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 15,722 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:54 PM #42

15. You can use import/export functionality to add new product features and assign them to products

16. Unfortunately, it is not possible

17. We are working on the integration Elasticsearch with CS-Cart now. It will solve mentioned problems.

18. No, Multi-Vendor does not check this

19. No

20. There are several modules on the marketplace which allows to use placeholders for SEO URLs. You can use on of them

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration

Certified CS-Cart RU Developer | Сертифицированный разработчик на CS-Cart Русская Версия

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:40 PM #43

15. You can use import/export functionality to add new product features and assign them to products

19. No

15. How is the vendors have to work then? I am asking this for multivendor version cs-cart. imagine that I have 10k features imported in to the system. then vendors have to choose from those features and it's 10k. you know what will happens then? they will leave the website. vendors needs easy interface and they have to very clear understand the system. I just tried to add a features. the Brand feature was on the top, I did very easily added. then I wanted to add the "usb" features, I had to click next next next.. then I did check that the features menu had the search functionality, but why the product edit part, the features tab doesn't have exactly that search box? is this a bug? did you understand me?

19. you said "No". so, then how it works? let's say vendorA can create 1000 products by his plan. if he use the API, can he do the same or more? permission? I need personally do more test on this. maybe I need to create some script to post/delete a product or features or whatever possible with the API.

Elasticsearch also good, but also SphinX also good too. personally I have more tried SphinX than Elasticsearch and I like it very much. even I have asked the architect of CS-CART(IMAC) to integrate it with cs-cart multivendor and add the subdomain system for the multivendor. but seems like cs-cart company works very slow.. when do you think you can finish your Elasticsearch addon?

thanks in advance.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 15,722 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:29 AM #44

Good day,

15. Vendors also can use export/import functionality to edit products in bulk. If it does not suit you, additional custom development work will be required

19. Unfortunately, vendors cannot use API at all

Elasticsearch addon is planned to be released in January

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration

Certified CS-Cart RU Developer | Сертифицированный разработчик на CS-Cart Русская Версия

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:17 AM #45

Good day,

15. Vendors also can use export/import functionality to edit products in bulk. If it does not suit you, additional custom development work will be required

19. Unfortunately, vendors cannot use API at all

Good day dear eComLabs.

19. Vendors can use API, I have tried it with demo vendors account. just enable the API for each vendor manually and give them the API key. or vendors and vendors administrator different things? I did edit vendors admin and enabled API and saved. then copy the key with their email, and logged and got some data with the API.

15. Yeah, nothing much, but just put there that ready search box from another page and much better. I mean from ?dispatch=product_features.manage page get the right side search box completely and put it to ?dispatch=products.update&product_id=5765 page on the same place on the right side. this kind of small things how come they didn't realized??, I can't understand. maybe they knowingly made it like this??

dear eComLabs,

Make it with faceting and count, better filtering with many possible way. better design and stricture will push people buy more or more people will buy it.

Have a good day.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 15,722 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:10 PM #46

15. Sorry, I cannot answer on your question. It should be addressed to CS-Cart team

19. I should examine it at first. I thought that API is disabled for vendors due to security reasons

Thanks

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:57 PM #47

Good day,

dear eComLabs,

Make it with faceting and count, better filtering with many possible way. better design and stricture will push people buy more or more people will buy it.

Have a good day.

dear eComLabs,

I am not sure how you are designing your Elastic search addon , but I have some opinions;

1. faceting is important and very useful for users and as well for vendors.
2. order the search results by gold/silver/bronze/free members, the relevance by title, description, tags, category and more, and order search results by default by Gold, Silver, Bronze, free members, date(new/old/medium), sale count, click rate, vendor trust point, vendor response rate, whatever you imagine it

You can read more about this on this topic, I wrote it to IMAC. Please read it. Thanks!

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 15,722 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:25 AM #48

I am not sure how you are designing your Elastic search addon , but I have some opinions;

OK, we will discuss it with the developers. Thanks