How To add short description below product title?

How To add short description below product title ?

Hello meetshamee,

Thank you for your message.

Some code modifications are required to implement this feature. We would be happy to assist you in this matter within our technical support service. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk if you have support credits or an active support period.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Hello meetshamee!

We have a ready-to-use add-on that can handle your requirement.

Please, check out http://www.alt-team…ice-add-on.html The add-on is named Product unit price but actually it allows to display any text below the product price. The demo is available, please try it out. Documentation describing how the add-on works is also provided.

Best regards, Alt-team

Hi,

You can try:[list]

[][url=“Moving Product Tab Location - General Questions - CS-Cart Community Forums”]Moving Product Tab Location - General Questions - CS-Cart Community Forums

[
][url=“Add any text banner content on template (.tpl) - Developers' Corner - CS-Cart Community Forums”]Add any text banner content on template (.tpl) - Developers' Corner - CS-Cart Community Forums

[*][url=“A simple way to add any content on any place on template - Developers' Corner - CS-Cart Community Forums”]A simple way to add any content on any place on template - Developers' Corner - CS-Cart Community Forums

[/list]

I hope that helps,

Valentin

No Luck :confused: Vali

What version are you using?

Hi @meetshamee,

1. download from here short_desc.post.zip, extract and copy file [color=#ff0000]short_desc.post.tpl[/color] to [color=#0000ff]skins/[SKIN_NAME]/customer/addons/my_changes/hooks/products/[/color], you need my_changes addons to be enabled, if directory sructure is missind pelase create

2. on file [color=#0000ff]skins/[SKIN_NAME]/customer/blocks/product_templates/default_template.tpl[/color] (this is the default product details template, if you are ussing another please modify in that file), add
    {hook name="products:short_desc"}{/hook}
    after ```php

{if $show_discount_label && $smarty.capture.$discount_label|trim}

{$smarty.capture.$discount_label}

{/if}

``` or any place you wish to be placed short_description[list]

[]If short_description is missing will auto generate from full_description

[
]If you are updating cs-cart you will need to repeat step 2 again

[/list]

I hope that helps,

Valentin

Nice work Valentin!

Thank you @Tim Hensel

Thank you very much Vall! I had tried your step by step solution. But its works for some product but unfortunately its not working for some products. My requirement is to display only short description. Your suggested solution is picking from full description. Is there any chance to only display short description as

after discount label. I hope you will definitely come up with a solution. Once again appreciated your help and support!

You're welcome @meetshamee

Please check if you have another product details template and repeat step 2

To show only short_description please replace content of [color=#ff0000]short_desc.post.tpl[/color] with:

{if $product.short_description}{$product.short_description|unescape}{/if}

Hi,

I use your tips to add sort_descriptions.

I want to display sort description with format html but it can not display this html format

Explame:

I want display [list]

[]CPU Intel Core i3-4160

[
]RAM 4GB DDR3

[*]HDD 500GB SATA3

[/list]

But it display:

[color=#404040][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]

• CPU Intel Core i3-4160
  • RAM 4GB DDR3
  • HDD 500GB SATA3