Try The Advanced Import Of Products

Hi imac and ikoshkin .

1- if "import strategy" selected "import all products from the file" and import again many time image import again too. i want to change only description price etc but i cant do this. i use advanced import for multiple image attachments because product have many image. Soo the same image import many time.

2- And when do you want to change import category map or etc more useful. Because this product import everybody can create new category but only admin must can create category and the others vendor or employers can choose which category more suitable added in site category and then products imports there.
And sorry but every company or person can't use /// this tag for category to divided. Please flat this too.

3- if i want change more than one text, i use replace('a', !, "banana") replace('site', sitename, $value) modifier

only first one modifier works. Nothing change works second replace modifier.

This is my last write. Thanks a lot.

Guys, is there a manual to understand how it works?
I have to import an xml file but I can not.
For example:
What should I put in: XML target node?

We’ve recently published a how-to article about the advanced product import in the docs. It’s for version 4.8.1 that hasn’t been released yet, but most of the tutorial (if not all of it) should apply to 4.7.4 as well. In explains what an XML target node is.

We've recently published a how-to article about the advanced product import in the docs. It's for version 4.8.1 that hasn't been released yet, but most of the tutorial (if not all of it) should apply to 4.7.4 as well. In explains what an XML target node is.

Thank you

We've recently published a how-to article about the advanced product import in the docs. It's for version 4.8.1 that hasn't been released yet, but most of the tutorial (if not all of it) should apply to 4.7.4 as well. In explains what an XML target node is.

Excuse Ivan,
but should I create the xml destination node on the server?
CS-Cart needs to know how to distinguish individual products an XML file. For this example, the correct value of XML target node would be data/products/product. It’s the full path to the XML node that contains all the information about a single product.
Can someone help me?
Thank you

Excuse Ivan,
but should I create the xml destination node on the server?

Sorry, I've just seen your reply. No, it means that you need to open the XML file you're trying to import and find a node in that file that contains all the data of a single product. The path describes what node the information about a product is in, and what are its parent nodes. Please see the example of an imported file in the document I linked above; it should be self-explanatory:

, , and are nodes in an XML file. Each node contains information about an individual product.

But is nested in , and is nested in . That's why the correct value for XML target node is data/products/product in this example. You'll need to check the structure of your XML file to determine the correct target node.

Sorry, I've just seen your reply. No, it means that you need to open the XML file you're trying to import and find a node in that file that contains all the data of a single product. The path describes what node the information about a product is in, and what are its parent nodes. Please see the example of an imported file in the document I linked above; it should be self-explanatory:

, , and are nodes in an XML file. Each node contains information about an individual product.

But is nested in , and is nested in . That's why the correct value for XML target node is data/products/product in this example. You'll need to check the structure of your XML file to determine the correct target node.

I understand and thank you for the information.
I tried but it does not work, maybe my xml file is not compatible, I do not know.
Could you be kind to give it a check if I send you the pm?
I would be grateful.

1- if "import strategy" selected "import all products from the file" and import again many time image import again too. i want to change only description price etc but i cant do this. i use advanced import for multiple image attachments because product have many image. Soo the same image import many time.

Sorry I couldn't reply sooner, but I addressed that question in the article: https://docs.cs-cart.com/4.8.x/user_guide/manage_products/import_export/advanced_product_import.html. Here it is:

But what if eventually you need to update quantities for existing products without changing their other data? In that case just create a separate preset, and map only the necessary fields (Product code and Quantity). The fields that you don’t map will be ignored.

An import preset also has an additional setting on the Settings tab that deletes additional images of imported products, so that you wouldn't end up with duplicate additional images. Hopefully, one of the ways I mentioned will help.

3- if i want change more than one text, i use replace('a', !, "banana") replace('site', sitename, $value) modifier
only first one modifier works. Nothing change works second replace modifier.

Only one modifier per one imported field is supported.

2- And when do you want to change import category map or etc more useful. Because this product import everybody can create new category but only admin must can create category and the others vendor or employers can choose which category more suitable added in site category and then products imports there.
And sorry but every company or person can't use /// this tag for category to divided. Please flat this too.

I can comment on dividing categories. An import preset has an additional setting on the File tab called Category delimiter. It determines how categories are separated in the imported file.

I understand and thank you for the information.

I tried but it does not work, maybe my xml file is not compatible, I do not know.

Could you be kind to give it a check if I send you the pm?

I would be grateful.

Yes, if you send me an XML file, I can try importing it to the demo site and see what the target node should be. However, I won't be able to do that earlier than tomorrow/next week.

Yes, if you send me an XML file, I can try importing it to the demo site and see what the target node should be. However, I won't be able to do that earlier than tomorrow/next week.

I sent it

Hi ikoshin;

1- i means category is dvided example like this.
Electronics
Phone

And in vendor can choose which categories can smilar to our sites import products because if they site categories is different name from our site them products goes "Products" category.

And some company gives categories and product structure different file. And in products structure gives category id, not a category name. How can we fix this in cs-cart? Addon not have category field and gives more than one modifiers.

2- in description sometimes more than one deleted text in it. Example in description have, company or site name, site image, site banner, site advertising in only one product description. More clear description its good for selling. Or add seo name add something or deleting. So how can we change, add or delete one modifier.

Example one company gives like this in description. How can we fix?

if we can use modifier more than one we can fix it. Description have some

ü = Ãœ

ç = Ä°

Ö = Ö

i coudn't change this character

3- Can we use "product name" in page title , META description and META keywords etc.

4- Http:// sitename.com/xml/?xml=products&ip=69.586.457.85 company gives the same as this link. i see in structure in browsers and its seems good. But i coudnt import dev or demo sites they are gives an "Error Cannot read uploaded file"

5 - Product Option , Option image, Product variation,

6- FTP account import

7- if xml file each product have different price example Usd Eur and GBP the same structure how can i import?

8- Can we add "Field to Field" "Create Custom Column" "Clone field" or "Append Field to Field" in modifier. Example I want to combine them with sample "product code" and "Product ID".

Company gives Product , Price, Category different file. Company product code not have in price structure file. So i must use Product ID.

I need to specify the product code somewhere. I can not find the product because I can not tell the product code elsewhere. I have it in the file, but I can not see it, because I can not add it anywhere. if i can put anywhere in the column, I can find the product code when ordering the company.

just like I said at first.. Not all supplier programmers are perfect, unfortunately. Maybe a child who wrote it or a new programmer.

If an improvement is made that can correct or absorb all errors, a long-running import is made.

Can someone explain how this new importer works (Multivendor)?

I have just created a test CSV with three fields: Product code,Language,Vendor

with one row of data underneath.

On the import page I select the csv file, choose the matching Brand and click Import.

The Field Mappings tab appears but nothing is showing ?

If I then click Import the following error displays:

ErrorYour import file MUST have the following fields: Product code, Vendor

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

thanks

Russ.

I've just tried the same file on http://dev.demo.cs-cart.comand this time the field mapping table appears ?

Is there a bug in multi-vendor ?

Maybe you coudn't selected in Field Mappings .

You dowload and test attached file. File is only have Product code vendor and Language in it

Or please look docs how is work

https://docs.cs-cart.com/4.8.x/user_guide/addons/advanced_products_import/

https://docs.cs-cart.com/4.8.x/user_guide/manage_products/import_export/advanced_product_import.html

products_variations_06282018.csv

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I have tried your test file and it doesn't work. On the Field Mappings tab it says "No data found"

I have noticed that on my "New Preset" page I also have a field called 'Brand' which is not shown in the documentation.

I am using Multi-Vendor with the Simtech Master Products add-on. Could this be clashing with the import in some way? I have disabled the add-on temporarily and re-ran the import but get the same result.

Thanks

Russ.

You are skipping some things or doing wrong. Change vendor name in file you test. Please look docs and then try again. Document for versions above 4.8.1

Sorry but I have followed the instructions exactly.

My import screen has an extra field called 'Brand' under General Settings. This is not shown anywhere in the documentation. Even if I set the field to the same value as in the csv file, the result is the same.

You are skipping some things or doing wrong. Change vendor name in file you test. Please look docs and then try again. Document for versions above 4.8.1

What version u use? Brand is a "Features" field. if you export your store you must Ä°MPORT "Features" field.

Your csv format if you use early 4.8.1 version your format must like this.

Product code;Language;Vendor;Features
"S0231YYSMK";"en";"Mitch and Dawson Inc.";"Brand: E[Adidas]"
if you use 4.81 and above you can use only Brand name
Product code;Language;Vendor;Brand
"S0231YYSMK";"en";"Mitch and Dawson Inc.";"Adidas"
"S897345973";"en";"Mitch and Dawson Inc.";"Nike"

Hi imac and ikoshin

Ä°n which version will you fix and present it?
https://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/issue-7262-products-advanced/

Do you have a plan for correcting other settings?

https://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/51439-try-the-advanced-import-of-products/?view=findpost&p=302506