Site Is Broken After Modifying .htaccess

You can contact hosting provide and ask him to create full backup for you

Two questions:

1) I was wondering...if I switched to a new theme, would my cs cart site layout break? If it broke and/or am not pleased with the new theme, can I revert to the previous theme?

2) How can I do a FULL backup of my cs cart site?

Thanks

I am getting the following message when I try to install cs car from clean installation:

CS-Cart is not installed. Please click here to start the installation process: [install]

Can someone please help?

Assuming that if you click that link you get the same message.... That would indicate an ownership/permission problem where the installer can't update config.local.php with new settings.

What do I need to do in order to fix this problem? I am using cPanel to install cs cart.

According to installation instructions (UNIX-based server with terminal access, run the following commands one by one:)

chmod 666 config.local.php - DONE via cPanel

chmod -R 777 design images var - DONE via cPanel

find design -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 666 - Don't how to do this via cPanel

find images -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 666 - Don't how to do this via cPanel

find var -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 666 - Don't how to do this via cPanel

I don't have terminal access to server, hence I just used File Manager via cPanel to get the top two done.

Please help!

Given the link you provided contains an IP address versus a domain name, I would assume you have a DNS issue. I'm guessing you are on a shared server and hence the IP address reference is NOT resolving to your site. Contact you hosting provider and ask them to help you get your DNS setup properly.

Hello, is there a plugin or add-on in existence I can use to migrate CS CART from one host to another or does everything need to be done manually?

There are knowledge base and many threads here on the forum for how to move a site from one host to another.

But as I said above, I don't think your issue is with process (from what you've said and provided). You need to identify why the link above is an IP address rather than your domain name. I think you'll find that is the source of your problem.

Generally if you're moving from one hosting company to another, the new company will provide you a service of moving your site for you. It's a WHM function that allows you to move a cPanel account from one host to another. This leaves all the names, passwords, ftp accounts, email, etc. the same and simply moves your site from one hosting company to another.

Two questions..

1) Is there a way to figure out what images, pdfs, videos, etc...are being referenced (or linked to) in Cs Cart? I am trying to clean up my server space prior to migrating site to new server. There's a TON of files (10GB) that's accumulated from over the years and it can be a time-consuming process downloading and/or uploading the files to new server. It's hard to tell which web assets are being referenced, and which aren't just by inspection.

2) If anyone has a better idea on how to download and/or upload LARGE files, please share.

Thanks

Here’s the problem am getting when I try to move my cs cart installation to my Xampp host. I imported the database from the old host and changed settings in config.local.php

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Table 'cart.cscart_storage_data' doesn't exist (1146)

SELECT `data` FROM cscart_storage_data WHERE `data_key` = 'store_mode'

Error at

C:\xampp\htdocs\cscart\app\Tygh\Database.php, line: 675

Backtrace

File:

C:\xampp\htdocs\cscart\app\Tygh\Database.php

Line:

Function:

_error

File:

C:\xampp\htdocs\cscart\app\Tygh\Database.php

Line:

Function:

query

File:

C:\xampp\htdocs\cscart\app\functions\fn.database.php

Line:

Function:

getField

File:

C:\xampp\htdocs\cscart\app\functions\fn.control.php

Line:

Function:

db_get_field

File:

C:\xampp\htdocs\cscart\app\functions\fn.control.php

Line:

Function:

fn_get_storage_data

File:

C:\xampp\htdocs\cscart\init.php

Line:

Function:

fn_allowed_for

File:

C:\xampp\htdocs\cscart\index.php

Line:

Function:

require

Looks like the database specified in the config.local.php file is empty. Please check

Here's another message am getting when I try to access the website on the new server:

I've checked the config.local.php file and everything looks good (localhost, database name, username, and password). Any ideas what could be going on?

Cannot connect to the database server

Error at

init.php, line: 83

Backtrace

File:

index.php

Line:

Function:

require

You either have a typo or invalid info in one or more of:

db_name

db_user

db_pass

in your config.local.php related to the system the site is running on.

Hello, is there a plugin or add-on in existence I can use to migrate CS CART from one host to another or does everything need to be done manually?

You can find the detailed tutorial here:

http://docs.cs-cart.com/4.3.x/install/moving_to_another_server.html

If something is not clear please let me know, we will update the article.

How can I delete a theme that's been installed? I deleted the theme folder in var/theme_repository but can still see the theme image under Themes. It still shows as an installed theme even though it's been deleted in the var/theme_repository. Please help!

Thanks

How can I delete a theme that's been installed? I deleted the theme folder in var/theme_repository but can still see the theme image under Themes. It still shows as an installed theme even though it's been deleted in the var/theme_repository. Please help!

Thanks

Available for installation themes stored in var/themes_repository

Installed themes stored in design/themes

Thanks

Theme can be uninstalled from the Design -> Themes page

http://prntscr.com/a4raff

Note: you should put files back to the var/themes_repository. All available for the installation themes should be located here

Hi All,

I recently purchased and installed a new theme: http://www.12leaves.com/responsive-cs-cart-theme.html

But each time I activate the theme in Admin Panel, I get a BLANK page. NOTHING appears on the site. I just can't figure out what the problem is. I was wondering if anyone knew what the problem was? Could it be a compatibility issue? Was the theme installed wrong (A PSD file was provided as part of the download package..wondering is that has anything to do with)

The Cs Cart version am currently on is 4.2.2.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Contact the theme vendor

I agree with Tony, only theme developer can help you here