One Step Checkout - Simple Layout

[quote name=‘kingsleypress’ timestamp=‘1416364694’ post=‘197322’]

I just wanted to let everyone know that this is a VERY COOL add-on from an amazing developer!

I’ve always wished CS-Cart could have a slick, one-page checkout that doesn’t confuse customers and this, my friends, brings that wish to reality.

Out of the box, this add-on didn’t quite meet my requirements (I’m picky that way), but Louis faithfully and patiently worked with me, tweaking it to perfection.

I really believe this will reduce cart abandonment.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

[/quote]

Thank you! This will be a great tool to boost this coming Christmas sales. :)

One Step Checkout addon is now compatible with our Abandoned Cart Popup Offer addon.

New feature:

Make guest checkout as default option

This addon is compatible with CS-Cart v.4.2.4 and update is not required from previous version.

I'm having an intermittent problem with this addon which I wish could be looked into. Sometimes when people click the “Submit Order” button, instead of the order being submitted, the page is simply refreshed but all the fields are empty. So they have to enter their information all over again. It usually works the second time but this is quite annoying.

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1419436219' post='200849']

I'm having an intermittent problem with this addon which I wish could be looked into. Sometimes when people click the “Submit Order” button, instead of the order being submitted, the page is simply refreshed but all the fields are empty. So they have to enter their information all over again. It usually works the second time but this is quite annoying.

[/quote]

Hi, please submit a ticket to us at http://www.cscartrocks.com/contacts/ and we will check the problem. It might be a custom mod problem of the addon for you.

OK this just happened again. Customer clicked “Place Order” and the page simply refreshed and removed his card information. It kept his name and address, etc. He was checking out as a guest. Fortunately for me, he called and I told him to simply enter his card info again and try placing the order again. He did, and this time it went through.

I have updated the ticket in your system with the relevant information so you can check it out. Thanks.

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1420557797' post='201787']

OK this just happened again. Customer clicked “Place Order” and the page simply refreshed and removed his card information. It kept his name and address, etc. He was checking out as a guest. Fortunately for me, he called and I told him to simply enter his card info again and try placing the order again. He did, and this time it went through.

I have updated the ticket in your system with the relevant information so you can check it out. Thanks.

[/quote]

Thanks for the extra info. It's confirmed that the problem is caused by a custom mod for you which has removed the function to update shipping methods after State selection. You said State selection will not affect the shipping methods but your store has a free shipping promotion with State as condition(this means that shipping methods will change based on State selection). We have solved this problem and more details are replied in the ticket. Thanks.

[quote name=‘P-Pharma’ timestamp=‘1415503457’ post=‘196455’]

This is a great addon! Works well and easy. This addon take away the problems with default cs-cart checkout. Now its much easier to complete checkout. This should result in higher sales on active stores.

Support is fast, friendly and doesn’t seem to sleep. :)

Highly recommended!

[/quote]

Thank you! We will keep up with the good work. :)

The addon for Buyshop theme is updated.

This looks good. The price looks high, but its the VALUE not the price thats important. I think Ill be getting this addon, as customers just hate the standard checkout!

A few additions in functionality Id love to see:

I believe that with standard operation, when a customer checks out as Guest they cannot later access the RMA support etc.

What Id like to see is cscart automatically create an account for all Guest Checkouts , with a random password that includes the affix like “Guest_[size=2]randomnumber[/size]” that is emailed to them at time of order.

If the customer ever returns for support, they only need to Reset their password to assess their order(s) info and RMA etc.

This makes it much easier for admin also.

So if the same customer places another order, at checkout they are greated with a “create a password for your account” message to access saved address info, or just checkout as guest again having to enter the address manually again (for security).

This new order will still be associated with the customers email address, but they just cant access their order history etc until they reset/create their password.

Perhaps Im missing something, but Ive seen this similar process on other carts that even just use the Paypal email address as the account ID.

With this funcionallity, there would not even be a need for any difference between a “new customer” and a “guest customer” . Just that when/if the customer returns for support or a new order, they can reset their password then, or just use the random pwd emailed to them at time of order… maybe.

I can see a slight security issue if CC details are stored in DB , but we dont dont store this, so no problems, and the customer should be given a link to un-register if they desire.

Would this not streamline the process much more?

[quote name='remoteone' timestamp='1423793370' post='205207']

This looks good. The price looks high, but its the VALUE not the price thats important. I think Ill be getting this addon, as customers just hate the standard checkout!

A few additions in functionality Id love to see:

I believe that with standard operation, when a customer checks out as Guest they cannot later access the RMA support etc.

What Id like to see is cscart automatically create an account for all Guest Checkouts , with a random password that includes the affix like “Guest_[size=2]randomnumber[/size]” that is emailed to them at time of order.

If the customer ever returns for support, they only need to Reset their password to assess their order(s) info and RMA etc.

This makes it much easier for admin also.

So if the same customer places another order, at checkout they are greated with a “create a password for your account” message to access saved address info, or just checkout as guest again having to enter the address manually again (for security).

This new order will still be associated with the customers email address, but they just cant access their order history etc until they reset/create their password.

Perhaps Im missing something, but Ive seen this similar process on other carts that even just use the Paypal email address as the account ID.

With this funcionallity, there would not even be a need for any difference between a “new customer” and a “guest customer” . Just that when/if the customer returns for support or a new order, they can reset their password then, or just use the random pwd emailed to them at time of order… maybe.

I can see a slight security issue if CC details are stored in DB , but we dont dont store this, so no problems, and the customer should be given a link to un-register if they desire.

Would this not streamline the process much more?

[/quote]

Thanks for the interest. For the guest checkout, there could be many optimizations for different business needs. Most sites will need to show the Guest checkout explicitly. Please feel free to contact us here about the custom mods at any time.

Thanks for the reply. For now Ill just use the addon as purchased. Ive just set it up, looks good.

However one issue…

The Payment/Billing Options are displayed as Tabs, which Im not at all keen on in the std checkout.

As tabs they dont look good with the 3 column one-page-checkout.

Q. How does one change from Tabbed to Radio buttons for these Payment Options?

Thanks

Ok, I see how to do this now… Just put all payment methods under the same “Payment category” … then they will be in order with radio buttons. Easy once I read the hint…

[quote name=‘remoteone’ timestamp=‘1424785985’ post=‘206300’]

Ok, I see how to do this now… Just put all payment methods under the same “Payment category” … then they will be in order with radio buttons. Easy once I read the hint…

[/quote]

Nice tip. ;)

Mega Shop theme compatability is added.

Please add compatibility for Cart Power graceful theme: http://www.cart-powe…eful-theme.html

http://marketplace.cs-cart.com/themes/cs-cart-graceful-theme.html

Note that, while I definitely recommend this add, I was a little dissapointed that the css needed a few tweeks to make it look right.

Just a couple of text sizes and the width of some boxes needed to be set to 100% rather than their fixed width.

And the background colour for the Credit Card input boxes was not consistent giving the appearance that the CVV no. box was not part of the other part of the CC input section.

A few little refinements, but otherwise seems to work well.

Edit:

It turns out that our website was using the “Basic” theme rather than the responsive theme that was set. Some database problem fixed by helpdesk. The css for this addon in responsive theme is pretty good…

[quote name='remoteone' timestamp='1428903738' post='211192']

Note that, while I definitely recommend this add, I was a little dissapointed that the css needed a few tweeks to make it look right.

Just a couple of text sizes and the width of some boxes needed to be set to 100% rather than their fixed width.

And the background colour for the Credit Card input boxes was not consistent giving the appearance that the CVV no. box was not part of the other part of the CC input section.

A few little refinements, but otherwise seems to work well.

[/quote]

Thanks for recommending our One Step Checkout addon. We have checked and your theme is highly customized. If it's not following the best cs-cart practice, you will have these kind of problems. It's not the addon's fault and we provide free help on your custom theme. By looking at our demo, the addon uses all styles inherited from cs-cart or other supported 3rd party themes. If there is any problem, please do feel free to submit a ticket to us.

[quote name='P-Pharma' timestamp='1427748936' post='209607']

Please add compatibility for Cart Power graceful theme: http://www.cart-powe…eful-theme.html

http://marketplace.c…eful-theme.html

[/quote]

The One Step Checkout addon should support Cart Power graceful theme out of the box. For any custom theme that is made based on cs-cart responsive skin, please rename folder var\themes_repository\responsive with the custom theme name before installation.